Leon Brittan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leon Brittan

On reflection, it's a poorly argued point and I'll withdraw it. A 14 year old boy cannot give "consent", whether I put the term in brackets or otherwise. Any scenario where someone like Brittan has sex with a 14 year old male or female is rape, quite clearly.

Comment

Leon Brittan

Etienne wrote: I think it would possibly have been funnier if she'd missed out the winky face. The joke was clear enough anyway.

I don't think any subject is inherently unfunny.
      Comedy is subjective. Insinuating, even in the spirit of high jinx, that somebody else would have paedophile impulses on a thread about paedophilia is not really appropriate. I don't think it's very funny either on any level above schoolground humour.

Comment

Leon Brittan

Well, insinuating someone is four years old isn't very appropriate, either.

If you keep picking on me I'm calling Childline.

It's all about context, and the "nonce" joke was a reply to Stumpy's joke (which also insinuated someone needed locking up) in light of his slight paranoia on the tattoo thread that I had him down as a sex offender.

Of course I don't think either of you have any impulses that way, but I so wish you'd stop policing my posts (and only mine, in this case) in such a pompous way.

Neither was a joke "about" paedophilia, the first was about misunderstanding, and the second was about your pomposity and my supposed childishness.

Lighten up, as people say, (annoyingly).

I'm disappointed no-one got my joke "about" cannibalism in the Serbian mafia, another thing I find hilarious.

Comment

Leon Brittan

I made it a point to specify that I was not "policing: your post, MsD. In fact, I made it a point to note that I was simply offering an observation to a situation that might create misunderstandings. I didn't police or even criticise. Much as it might shock you, it was not about you.

Isn't it the number for Society for Protection of Elderly you want, should I continue to pick on you?

Comment

Leon Brittan

I'm 55, love. Hardly "elderly" - and in fine health :-)

It is "about me", as you didn't pick up any of the other posters on here who'd made jokes one could find "inappropriate". However you phrased it, it was a criticism, and the "elderly" is yet another personal dig, of the sort I don't make at you; I can start, if you like.

Comment

Leon Brittan

MsD wrote: I'm 55, love. Hardly "elderly" - and in fine health :-)
              I'm enjoying this Saga...

Anyway, back to Leon and co. Any more rumors on who the Chequers Strangler is?

Comment

Leon Brittan

This thread is confusing. Is Brittan allowed to play football or not, and which club does he play for?

Comment

Leon Brittan

Pietro Paolo Virdis wrote: This thread is confusing. Is Brittan allowed to play football or not, and which club does he play for?
                  Swansea City. There's an angry mob gathering outside his house as we speak.

Comment

Leon Brittan

Britton's 70s heyday:

Edit for younger readers- the parka mullet look never really caught on, thankfully...

Comment

Leon Brittan

Stumpy Pepys wrote:
                      Originally posted by Pietro Paolo Virdis
                      This thread is confusing. Is Brittan allowed to play football or not, and which club does he play for?
                      Swansea City. There's an angry mob gathering outside his house as we speak.
                      I really hope his wife is not a paediatrician.

Comment

Leon Brittan

Aye, that's kind of the joke, Pat.

Blimey.
                        Ian Brittan had the whole Star Wars thing going on. The Stormtrooper helmet and Princess Leah ear thingies beautifully amalgamated.

Comment

Leon Brittan

That hair makes my skin...

Comment

Leon Brittan

Calvert wrote: Aye, that's kind of the joke, Pat.

Blimey.
                            Ian Brittan had the whole Star Wars thing going on. The Stormtrooper helmet and Princess Leah ear thingies beautifully amalgamated.
                            Do you reckon there will come a time wen we lust after that barnet the way people now lust after the Mad Men look?

Comment

Leon Brittan

No

Comment

Leon Brittan

That is some do.

Comment

Leon Brittan

ooh aah wrote: No
                                  The 70s really were an appalling decade from a visual point of view, right? The odd decent car is the only redeeming feature.

Comment

Leon Brittan

NO

There was some amazing design in the 70s.

Biba, Let It Rock, Bowie, Roxy ... it just didn't reach everybody.

Comment

Leon Brittan

satchmo76 wrote: On reflection, it's a poorly argued point and I'll withdraw it. A 14 year old boy cannot give "consent", whether I put the term in brackets or otherwise. Any scenario where someone like Brittan has sex with a 14 year old male or female is rape, quite clearly.
                                      There does seem to be a distinction drawn between consent and non-consent, though consenting sex with an under 16 is unlawful.

http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/p_to_r/rape_and_sexual_offences/soa_2003_and_soa_1956/

Offences against children under 16 (sections 9 - 13)

The 2003 Act provides that the age of consent is 16. Sections 9-13 clarify that any sexual activity involving consenting children under 16 is unlawful.

Comment

Leon Brittan

Can you please keep this on topic? 70's mullets.

Comment

Leon Brittan

I've just spent five seconds trying to blow a fly off my phone screen.

Comment

Leon Brittan

Comment

Leon Brittan

san2sboro wrote: I've just spent five seconds trying to blow a fly off my phone screen.
                                              Made me chuckle. Sorry about that. Wasn't the purpose.

Comment

Leon Brittan

Think it's a good idea to find one similar of a gigantic spider and put it up here?

Comment

Leon Brittan

Police raid Leon Brittan's properties in London and Yorkshire

Comment

Leon Brittan

How Thatcher's government covered up the paedo ring.

Believe it or not, but Brittan is implicated in it.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X