X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leon Brittan

Dead.

Leon Brittan

Cancer, supposedly. Though this seems to have been the first public mention that he had it at all.

Comment

Leon Brittan

Maybe we'll see a move on the investigation now he can't be prosecuted.

Comment

Leon Brittan

Or he was about to have conversations with somebody.

Does the Serbian mafia give you cancer?

Comment

Leon Brittan

Well, I think it's a bit uncharitable to remember him solely as an unproven paedo suspect.

Let's not forget he also fucking hated the miners.

Comment

Leon Brittan

Minors, miners, he just loved fucking them all so much

Comment

Leon Brittan

I'm not pre-judging but if, in the course of a future inquiry, it was found that Brittan was guilty of certain crimes and that it also transpires that May delayed the inquiry in order to let him die in peace, then she should go to fucking jail for it.

Comment

Leon Brittan

Tip of the hat to NHH.

Comment

Leon Brittan

He was a reptilian wasn't he? According to the internet.

Comment

Leon Brittan

the Serbian mafia
                    ?

Comment

Leon Brittan

Vicarious Thrillseeker wrote: I'm not pre-judging but if, in the course of a future inquiry, it was found that Brittan was guilty of certain crimes and that it also transpires that May delayed the inquiry in order to let him die in peace, then she should go to fucking jail for it.
                      To say the whole thing stinks is a massive under statement!

Comment

Leon Brittan

Yes let's not wait for anything like evidence. Let's just call someone a paedophile because he's dead others have called him it on twitter.

Paul Foot was more suspicious of the allegations

another link to an extract from Foot's book on Colin Wallace avoiding the Daily Mail

Comment

Leon Brittan

I'm not calling him anything yet. Fair to say there is already a mountain of suspicious circumstances surrounding the conduct of the establishment and his prominent role in any enquiry past and present.

Comment

Leon Brittan

Some poeple seem quick to jest about his "fucking minors" or to applaud the jest

So here's that Paul Foot quote

Early on in the miners’ strike of 1984, a vile rumour about the personal behaviour of the Home Secretary, Leon Brittan, started to circulate among journalists. The information was, as I eventually discovered, completely untrue. But it had about it just enough of the ‘ring of truth’ to make it sound credible. Anyone who believed it for an instant would have wanted Leon Brittan removed from office at once. After checking that the information was wrong, I then strove for many days to find its source. It was nowhere to be found
                            Maybe Foot was wrong. But given he was an excellent and fearless reporter who did at least try and investigate rather than reproduce Twitter gossip I'll listen to him for the time being.

Comment

Leon Brittan

Yes, Twitter has arbitrarily decided that Leon Brittan was a paedophile. There hasn't been a huge story in the news about a Westminster-based paedophile ring. Operation Fairbank does not exist. Operation Fernbridge does not exist.

Leon Brittan, Ched Evans, who is next to be defended by Nefertiti's sword of truth. Gary Glitter's on trial at the moment, give us your thoughts on him.

Comment

Leon Brittan

You or paul Foot. I'll go with Paul.

Comment

Leon Brittan

David Agnew wrote: Yes, Twitter has arbitrarily decided that Leon Brittan was a paedophile. There hasn't been a huge story in the news about a Westminster-based paedophile ring. Operation Fairbank does not exist. Operation Fernbridge does not exist.

Leon Brittan, Ched Evans, who is next to be defended by Nefertiti's sword of truth. Gary Glitter's on trial at the moment, give us your thoughts on him.
                                  Here are mine: shit hairpiece.

Comment

Leon Brittan

Yes, it's not like Paul Foot ever made a mistake. Apart from spending forty years trying to clear the name of someone who dunnit.

Comment

Leon Brittan

Any other SWPers whose word you take as gospel, Nef?

Comment

Leon Brittan

Nefertiti2 wrote: Some poeple seem quick to jest about his "fucking minors" or to applaud the jest

So here's that Paul Foot quote

Early on in the miners’ strike of 1984, a vile rumour about the personal behaviour of the Home Secretary, Leon Brittan, started to circulate among journalists. The information was, as I eventually discovered, completely untrue. But it had about it just enough of the ‘ring of truth’ to make it sound credible. Anyone who believed it for an instant would have wanted Leon Brittan removed from office at once. After checking that the information was wrong, I then strove for many days to find its source. It was nowhere to be found
                                        Maybe Foot was wrong. But given he was an excellent and fearless reporter who did at least try and investigate rather than reproduce Twitter gossip I'll listen to him for the time being.
                                        Yeah, I got it off twitter. Or maybe I got it from knowing Cyril Smith was a fucking paedophile, and that the establishment covered it up, and the mighty fucking Paul Foot didn't get him either. And I've been following every last twist and turn of this story. Or maybe I just got it from twitter for lulz.

Comment

Leon Brittan

If anyone has any actual knowledge of Brittan's involvement beyond repeating Twitter gossip then bring it on. I'd love to read it.

Comment

Leon Brittan

I think Nef must be someone at Spiked!

Comment

Leon Brittan

Actually Private Eye had Cyril Smith in 1979

Well informed as ever.

Comment

Leon Brittan

Nefertiti2 wrote: If anyone has any actual knowledge of Brittan's involvement beyond repeating Twitter gossip then bring it on. I'd love to read it.
                                                You seem to have a lot to say about Ched Evans without being in the fucking room with him.

Comment

Leon Brittan

Nefertiti2 wrote: Actually Private Eye had Cyril Smith in 1979

Well informed as ever.
                                                  Actually, they didn't. Rochdale Alternative Press had it. Private Eye covered it once. Ingrams let it go. Foot never went back to it. Which was a shame, because loads of people were abused between 79 and the cunt's death.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X