Brilliant things that people say

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The announcer at Willesden Junction: It's eight o'clock on Saturday night and you're at Willesden Junction, how rock and roll is that.

"I'm not going to say 'Have a Magical Day,' because it's 3:00am. Also, unlike other Disney World employees, drivers of the Magical Express do accept tips, because we've been outsourced."

Driver (probably now ex-driver) of the Magical Express to Orlando International Airport from Disney World.

Comment

"Coming up next on BBC Scotland - highlights of Hibs vs Kilmarnock. Yes, I know - but it's still got to be better than All-Star Family Fortunes."
      David Currie, Sportscene anchor (2008)

Well, it amused me anyway.

Comment

There was a group of about half a dozen British Asian blokes in their twenties or thirties standing in a car park and trying (and largely failing) to say "She sells seashells at the seashore" over and over again...

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
          "Coming up next on BBC Scotland - highlights of Hibs vs Kilmarnock. Yes, I know - but it's still got to be better than All-Star Family Fortunes."
          David Currie, Sportscene anchor (2008)

Well, it amused me anyway.
          Damn, now I miss Mark Dailey all over again. Dailey was a news anchor / promo reader on City TV in Toronto for about 25 years. He'd regularly read the lead-in for their 9:00 PM movie with unveiled disdain. "Coming up next: Cannibal Queens. The story - believe it or not - of a tribe of man-eating women who...ah...just watch it...it'll make a good story tomorrow."

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
            There was a group of about half a dozen British Asian blokes in their twenties or thirties standing in a car park and trying (and largely failing) to say "She sells seashells at the seashore" over and over again...
            Bumped into them a few hours later and proved to both them and myself that I couldn't say it either...

Comment

That's one of tratorello's gags: "What's your wife do for a living?" "Well, it's hard to say...she sells sea shells by the sea shore."

Comment

Dutch railways train driver:
                "De volgende halte is Amsterdam Luchthaven Schiphol. Hier overstappen voor de richting Leiden, Den Haag, Rotterdam, New York en Tokio".

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post
                  That's one of tratorello's gags: "What's your wife do for a living?" "Well, it's hard to say...she sells sea shells by the sea shore."
                  Nice gag, not mine unfortunately, think it's one of Milton's (Milton Jones).

Comment

Ah, shit. I thought that was one of yours. Well, apols to Milt.

Comment

Working...
                    X