Liddle again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liddle again.

...in a two-for-one insulting of minority groups.

Liddle again.

That post reminds me of something.

(Can't quite think what it was...)

Comment

Those of you down in That London should get in touch and ask to be put on the VIP list

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheDaiLle...74886255087616

Comment

What the fuck is he actually going to do? If he can fill the Palladium, Littlejohn will be doing three nights at the O2.

Comment

Anti Romanian racism

In the “ respectable” Sunday Times.

https://twitter.com/antoni_uk/status/1000773983703269376

Comment

I've been pointed in the direction of this piece a few times today, but it's behind a paywall, and I can't find it elsewhere (and I'm fucked if I'm going to pay to read that cunt)

Comment

It's everything you'd imagine it is. 411,000 Romanians over 4 years. ('clinically insane levels of immigration'). Housing crisis. We were promised brain surgeons and got janitors. S'bout it.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                I've been pointed in the direction of this piece a few times today, but it's behind a paywall, and I can't find it elsewhere (and I'm fucked if I'm going to pay to read that cunt)
                The whole of it is screenshotted in the tweet quoted above. But I wouldn't bother if I were you.

Comment

eurgh

I don't expect better than this from Liddle, obviously. We know what he is. But, perhaps naively, I didn't really expect to read such openly racist filth in the Sunday Times. I can still remember when it was quite a good paper

Comment

Aargh, now I’ve got “give a Liddell love, take a Liddle love” as an earworm.

Comment

The Spectator s becoming increasingly full on fascist

https://twitter.com/sunny_hundal/status/1000776214154547200

What's both very weird and very noxious is that the chair of the Spectator (and the peson ultimately responsible for ill informed racist shit is Andrew Neil the BBC's heavyweight political interviewer who host a grimly unfunny political show and also shills for the antisemitic Hungarian regime

Comment

Whilst i don't expect it to make much difference it would do no harm to complain here

Comment

Last week The Sunday Times was bringing you hipster fascists

https://twitter.com/StevePeers/status/998240610820771840

Comment

Of course, the Daily Heil was ahead of the game a week ago with their "So Much For Brexodus" front page about there being even more Romanians her than Irish!!!!!!

Comment

What baffles me is how Liddle and his ilk have the neck to depict themselves as brave and fearless rebels rather than regurgitators of an establishment line that has largely held firm for hundreds of years, despite some concessions being wrung from it now and again. It's like the boot stamping on a human face convincing itself that it is conducting a heroic campaign of resistance against the encroaching menace of nasal hair.

Similarly, an article of faith at The Spectator has always been that the magazine throws the best parties, despite the wild implausibility of this given that their parties are presumably attended by the staff and friends of The Spectator.

Comment

Liddle looks like my ballbag dressed as Mrs Doubtfire. He writes like a labrador chucking up fecal vomit onto a keyboard.

Comment

Dear Nefertiti2

Thank you for getting in touch. I am sorry you disapproved of Rod Liddle's column on Sunday. While it was written in his usual forthright style, we do not believe it was racist in any sense: it was expressing a legitimate view about immigration levels, and it received hundreds of messages of support from our readers online.

Equally, we are mindful of our heritage, which has always embraced robust comment.

That said, I have ensured that the editors responsible are aware of your comments. Their choices are constantly influenced by the feedback we receive from readers, so we're grateful for your views.

Best regards

Stephen Bleach
                                  Letters editor (acting)
                                  The Sunday Times
                                  @stephenbleach

Comment

That is a very poor response. Smug twat.

Comment

Not at all. They're addressing legitimate views. So it's fine to be racist. Because the racists legitimately have racist views. So we need to air them in our media.

Comment

Letter to the "Race Relations Board" necessary here, I think.

Comment

Preferably tied to a brick and thrown through Stephen Bleach's office window.

Comment

I made a complaint via the link, FWIW.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjm View Post
                                              Similarly, an article of faith at The Spectator has always been that the magazine throws the best parties, despite the wild implausibility of this given that their parties are presumably attended by the staff and friends of The Spectator.
                                              If their comparison is the New Statesman bash then maybes (Christ, just imagine being cornered in a Sensible Tete a tete with Helen Lewis or Cowley himself, frantically looking around for Stephen Bush but there’s 39 other fuckers already had the same idea). Bet Fraser Fraser has better gak as well. Brillo doesn’t want that speedy shite.
                                              Last edited by Lang Spoon; 29-05-2018, 23:40.

Comment

Oh, I got the Stephen Bleach "legitimate concerns" email too.

Comment

Great name for a man defending Rod Liddle's racism and whitewashing the cesspit that the Sunday Times has become.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X