X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bizarre Lw Triangle
    replied
    The UK Police Misconduct Thread

When did it become a thing for BTP to routinely carry assault rifles at railway terminuses?

Leave a comment:

• Toby Gymshorts
    replied

Their behaviour's usually unacceptable, you wouldn't think they'd need to form a team.

Arf.

Leave a comment:

• Geoffrey de Ste. Croix
    replied

When did this become a thing?

Leave a comment:

• Guy Profumo
    replied

"Fifties Shitface"? 1970s post-punk/New wave BNT?

Leave a comment:

• The Awesome Berbaslug!!!
    replied

More Judicial misconduct than police misconduct. This is not the fifties shitface.

Leave a comment:

• jwdd27
    replied

I've given up muttering about Hillsborough when visiting Doncaster, Barnsley and the Sheffields, as the fresh faced young coppers were obviously not born when it happened. Although I do like to confuse the same by bringing up Blair Peach.

But South Yorkshire police did used to be absolute cunts, and made it an ordeal to visit a football ground on their patch.

At Orgreave the "police" were from all over the country as well as hired thugs from other services, it's more a stain on Thatcher and her government than SYP.

Leave a comment:

• Guy Profumo
    replied

Felicity, I guess so wrote: Orgeave.

The same police force that lied about Hillsborough, the same cover up tactics, filling notebooks with identical accounts of the miners attacking etc.

That's why, amidst all the cheering as cop outriders swept up the hills outside Sheffield at the Tour this summer, I was heckling: 'Remember Orgreave! Remember Hillsboro'!
    Too close to home for me!

Leave a comment:

• Felicity, I guess so
    replied

Orgeave.

The same police force that lied about Hillsborough, the same cover up tactics, filling notebooks with identical accounts of the miners attacking etc.

That's why, amidst all the cheering as cop outriders swept up the hills outside Sheffield at the Tour this summer, I was heckling: 'Remember Orgreave! Remember Hillsboro'!

Leave a comment:

• Guy Profumo
    started a topic The UK Police Misconduct Thread

Seeing as we are supposed to be a parochial messageboard, it seems only fair we should think about addressing our own issues before castigating those of others.

I'll start.

1. Arrest & imprisonment of patriots trying to prevent the march of the Blackshirts, 4th October, 1936.
Working...
X