OTF Torontothon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OTF Torontothon?

I'm going to be in Toronto, Ontario, Canada from September 20-24, give or take, for the Annual Scientific Sessions of the Heart Failure Society of America.

I hope some of our Canadian contingent will want to get together.

OTF Torontothon?

I shall attend.

Comment

OTF Torontothon?

Fantastic.

Comment

OTF Torontothon?

WOM's been waiting to say that for years.

One of those days is my anniversary, but we'll definitely work something out.

There's an FC game on the 21st, too.

Comment

OTF Torontothon?

I won't be able to make this.

Comment

OTF Torontothon?

I am jealous

Comment

OTF Torontothon?

You'll have your turn, TonTon.

Comment

OTF Torontothon?

I'd love to find a way to go to that match, but then I'd probably miss out on the thrilling discussion of professional guidelines on device therapy for heart failure, which is why my company is putting me up in the Hilton.

Comment

OTF Torontothon?

Bugger. No one ever comes here.

Comment

OTF Torontothon?

Reed: if you're going to a convention on heart failure, I would have thought TFC would make for excellent field work.

I have a confession, AdC. I actually was in your burg about six weeks ago for 24 hours, but was so knackered I couldn't contemplate going out so I didn't get in touch. Sorry.

Comment

OTF Torontothon?

I aspire to visit Vancouver as soon as possible. Talk to the local convention center about attracting some medical device-related conferences and then I can travel on the company dime.

Comment

OTF Torontothon?

AdC. I actually was in your burg about six weeks ago for 24 hours, but was so knackered I couldn't contemplate going out so I didn't get in touch. Sorry.

No worries AG, I'll catch you next time round.

Reed: I'll put in a word. The perennially expected new Convention Centre is on the horizon again, so who knows, sooner than we think maybe.

Comment

OTF Torontothon?

Reed of the Valley People wrote:
                          I'm going to be in Toronto, Ontario, Canada from September 20-24, give or take, for the Annual Scientific Sessions of the Heart Failure Society of America.
                          Why is the Heart Failure Society of America having an event in Canada? Is the National Grammar Rodeo also up there?

Comment

OTF Torontothon?

Hah! Yes, I think it's something like that.*

I don't really know. I imagine the HFSA started small but never changed their name after tey went international. Rebranding an organization is expensive, but they might want to think about it.

*That's one of the all-time great episodes.

Comment

OTF Torontothon?

Hear Ye, Hear Ye!

I shall be in the NPS from Saturday evening (Sept. 20) until Wednesday afternoon (Sept. 24) to attend the National Grammar Rodeo, er, Heart Failure Society of America conference.

I shall be staying at the Toronto Hilton and the meeting is at the nearby convention center. I propose that AG or one of the other Torontoans on OTF that wish to participate in a thon pick a venue near there for a get together one or more of the following evenings, September 21, September 22 and/or September 23. I'm free from about 7 pm onward each evening.

Also, on Monday afternoon, I plan to blow off the meeting and go to the Hockey Hall of Fame.

I will have my car, but I'd prefer to keep it parked.

Comment

OTF Torontothon?

My preference is the 22nd. What about you, WOM?

University and Adelaide is a bit shit for drinking, though. We might need to take you on a walk west. And are we eating as well? Because that changes the equation a bit.

WOM, any preferences for drinks or do you get all confused west of Bathurst?

Comment

OTF Torontothon?

Amor de Cosmos wrote:
                                  Bugger. No one ever comes here.
                                  Just wait 'til the after the election. You might just have a sudden influx.

Comment

OTF Torontothon?

It it's on the 22nd, I'll need to eat.

Comment

OTF Torontothon?

There's a couple of fairly obvious faux-Irish pubs whose fare is not terrible, a couple of latin places if your tastes run to Mexican or cuban. Or we could hop from restaurant/bar to restaurant/bar down King, Queen and College and you could see a bit of the town. But let's let WOM weigh in here.

Comment

OTF Torontothon?

Sorry...been busy stuffing my face.

Yeah, I think I'm good for the 22nd too. We've got a few options on the King or Queen strip without needing to get all the way over to Bathurst. I don't know much about College's situation.
                                        There's also C'est What, where the last Toronto'thon was held. Good beer options and quiet for chatting. And there's the place under the Flatiron building. They're both close to the HHoF, too.

I'm no good for Sunday, as we're at the cottage.

Comment

OTF Torontothon?

Can anyone get me a job in Canada? What's the rules for us Brits? Do we get an easy ride still because we own you?

Comment

OTF Torontothon?

Hmm, I don't know the rules, but I doubt you'll be able to find anything by next Monday.

Comment

OTF Torontothon?

That's OK. I was thinking more long term anyway. I could do with a change.

Comment

OTF Torontothon?

I can probably help with the job, but you'll need to get your ass to Sri Lanka, Jamaica or Poland and we'll blast you over from one of those ports of call. The EZ Brit Pass expired years ago.

Comment

OTF Torontothon?

Typical. What's the fucking point in having a fucking Empire if years later you can't abuse immigration laws.

I suppose I'll have to get some sort of visa?

Comment

Working...
                                                  X