• Show
Clear All

Best chart ever

EVER

Best chart ever

epic

Comment

Best chart ever

Bloody hell. Shame it's not very high-res. I realise how little modern sci-fi I've seen, also struggling to find some: Valley Forge from Silent Running and the original alien ship from Alien. Any clues?

The big Romulan one from the Quinto/Spock Star Trek movie stands out nicely.

Comment

Best chart ever

There should be a high resolution out there. If we combine our efforts we will find it.

Comment

Best chart ever

I'm an idiot!
          The very first blue link below the picture gives you a zoomable one.

Comment

Best chart ever

I like this:
            Star Wars Rebel Alliance MC80a Star Cruiser
            1300 meters

Homeworld Vaygr Heavy Missile Frigate
            120 meters (approximate)

Only approximate!?

Comment

Best chart ever

I have the feeling if there was something similar on a different topic, you'd call it a pile of wank and what a shame it was that someone spent so much time on it, PPV.

Comment

Best chart ever

You've made me curios. What could be an example?

Comment

Best chart ever

But I see what you mean, and you're right of course.
                  There are some things I think are a waste of time. And wank. In my eyes.
                  Like spending billions of money to find new stars and name them Crindropeda M6W or Z Corgn F3, then add them into a database. Because that is making the masses go bonkers and oh such an impact on everything here on earth forever.

Comment

Best chart ever

No offense intended. I just look at that chart and can't really comprehend the time it took to make it. At least it's energy spent constructively and put into something that brings people joy. I guess as I get older, I find I don't have the passion or energy for some things that I might have at one point, seeing it kind of reminds me of that.

Comment

Best chart ever

Incandenza wrote: No offense intended. I just look at that chart and can't really comprehend the time it took to make it. At least it's energy spent constructively and put into something that brings people joy. I guess as I get older, I find I don't have the passion or energy for some things that I might have at one point, seeing it kind of reminds me of that.
                      No offense taken. At all. I was genuinely curious. The amount of times I've belittled people's energy. I think I hold the OTF world record in writing how this or that is shite.

Comment

Best chart ever

Provided there's no trademark obstacle, I bet whoever made that chart can get every second paid for his effort when it's sold as a poster.

Things I'm not impressed with:
                        - Those 1980's Domino records when they stacked eight zillion dominoes into a massive shape then flipped one and it was over in under a minute.
                        - Juggling a ball for two days on the head
                        - All those races that are five to ten times a marathon
                        etc
                        It's years spent, fuck cares in the end, what do they get but a glimpse of fame?

Comment

Best chart ever

I love the fact that the length of the Heart of Gold is qualified by "Most probably". That's a proper Hitchhiker's in-joke, there.

Comment

Best chart ever

And to follow it up. Click to enlarge

Comment

Best chart ever

Croatians are hazardous in outer space, apparently...

Comment

Working...
                              X