No announcement yet.

Irish Times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diable Rouge to thread, I heard this morning that local polls are saying that the Healy-Raes don't have a snowball's chance in hell of both getting in, and they're at loggerheads because Michael wants idiot boy to step aside, naturally he's refusing. Have you heard anything.?

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
      Diable Rouge to thread, I heard this morning that local polls are saying that the Healy-Raes don't have a snowball's chance in hell of both getting in, and they're at loggerheads because Michael wants idiot boy to step aside, naturally he's refusing. Have you heard anything.?
      Can't say I've heard anything personally - Healy-Raes got 39% of the vote in 2016, so would be a sharp fall not to get two quotas, and FF (where most of the gene poll support comes from) don't exactly have the strongest local ticket.

Comment

https://twitter.com/AFP/status/1204694718107570176

Comment

The Ian Bailey farce continues.

Comment

If I'd have known that was happening, I'd have flown out there just to shout out "would that be US dollars or Pound sterling?" as he's reading out the numbers

Comment

Ah shur what would Bertie know about that, he doesn't even have a bank account.

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
                Fianna Fáil in Kerry are adding the popular local councillor, Norma Foley, to their ticket, so gunning for Danny's seat:

https://twitter.com/Michael_O_Regan/status/1206687859857596416

Comment

The Irish broadcaster Marion Finucane has died, completely unexpectedly, at the age of 69.

Comment

Very sad. I regularly listened to her Sunday panel show

Comment

New government are still trying to find their offices and already Minister for Agriculture Barry Cowan has been sacked. Getting caught for drink driving was the start of it,rumours, which he has strenuously denied, that he attempted to evade a police checkpoint has probably finished him off.

Comment

He's still looking for a fight with the Taoiseach. It's fucking hilarious. Wonder if that snakey slow witted gom Thomas Byrne will get the job after leaking the story in the first place. At least he'd do less damage at Agriculture than European Affairs during Brexit endgame.

Comment

There's nothing slow witted about Thomas Byrne. Snakey on the other hand. you'll hear no arguments from me about that. Given all the complaints about the shortage of women ministers, and no-one from the west, I'd chance a cheeky fiver on Anne Rabbitte.

Comment

Oh Christ.

Comment

So that creeping Jesus Calleary got it then. Up Mayo.

Donal Skeehan's evil Lego haired big brother and the world's most cynical pro-lifer since Creighton as chief whip as well. Bound to be a Cowen led culchie backbench revolt by November so.

Comment

https://twitter.com/irishtimes/status/1349099037547499522

https://twitter.com/aoifegracemoore/status/1349008476790517767

Comment

Michael Martin claims 'Society ' let down the women and children. He conveniently ignores the fact that Fianna Fail and Fine Gael ran society for the whole timeline of the Mother and Baby homes.

Comment

The past is a different country
                                    And yet it's not
                                    Working class single mothers were generally supported by their families in urban areas, rural land owning families were more inclined to push the single mothers to the homes.
                                    Economics played a big role in the scandal, it was an impoverished state with a rigid social structure and anything outside of that was disruptive.
                                    Economics and land still heavily influence politics today.
                                    Ireland is a still a nation of charity instead of a nation of rights.

The report still has a lot of unexplained issues, notably the mismatch in deaths declared.
                                    Last edited by john the revelator; 02-09-2021, 15:48.

Comment

This report mightn't be as bad as Mr MacAlese's whitewash on the Laundries, but it looks to be running it close. Tax the bastarding churches, all faiths, get the fuckers out of healthcare and schools. Though I suppose the next big "oh how can this have happened under our noses?" report in say 30 years on Direct Provision will be purely a State evil. Fuckin bastard McDowell and pals.

Comment

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.galw...-report/%3famp

Catherine Connolly skewering the whitewash of a report and the abysmal handling by the triumvirate of shite. O'Gorman standing over this report and the way the survivors were treated is another deserved mail in the Greens' coffin.

Comment

Mary Lou has been extremely low profile in the last few months. Maybe I'm missing stuff, but most of the criticism that's getting heard seems to be from Independents, and the likes of the Soc Dems and Boyd Barrett.

Comment

George Best's son (allegedly) usurping a Shinner as leader of the oppo? Or Godfather of Punk to Rashford and Sterling

Comment

Maybe Sinn Fein were right keeping her quiet. On an interview for Today FM she expressed admiration for Kevin Spacey and Woody Allen, said artists talent should be seperate to the things they may do, and criticised Me Too as cancel culture.

Comment

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1350541136201474048

Code for "to avoid having to pay them".

Comment

So will it be FG sleekit appointing a no-mark like Zappone to a makey uppy UN gig that brings down this shitpile Govt? It's always the little things.....

Comment

None of the three parties have any motivation at present to break up the government. Fine Gael still have another turn as Taoiseach, Fianna Fail aren't high enough in the polls to risk an election, and the Greens will do what they're told. No, this one's going all the way.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X