No announcement yet.

Irish Times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Predictably, the FF-SDLP talks have ended in a damp squib - no merger, but the two parties will have a "policy partnership" , which effectively means that neither FG nor Labour will have anything to do with them henceforth.

Comment

Fucking Labour should allow folk to stand candidates in nordieland so.

Comment

E10 Rifle to thread

Comment

https://www.rte.ie/eile/brainstorm/2...gy-to-do-list/

Ireland's record on mitigating climate change is unsurprisingly bollocks, given the addiction to cow farts for economic growth and the irrational hatred of wind energy in culchiedom. The sheer illiterate piss poorness of this article is almost as depressing but. Was it written by some Tubirdy minimus transition year intern up at Montrose?
          Last edited by Lang Spoon; 26-01-2019, 00:23.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
            Fucking Labour should allow folk to stand candidates in nordieland so.
            Interesting idea - would Labour get support north of the border?

Comment

People Before Profit have done well up there at times. And with the PUP on the prod side mostly an irrelevance there must be some market for a leftish party that isn't orange or green. Dont understand why Labour allied itself to the Catholic Farmers Against Abortion Party for so long. Sentiment I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post

Interesting idea - would Labour get support north of the border?
                Back in the Sixties, there were two Labour parties in the North - the Northern Ireland Labour Party generally won Protestant support, while Republican Labour did the same on the Catholic side, before helping to found the SDLP. So hence the suggestion made last year, that any Labour party would have to be a joint effort between Howlin and Corbyn in order to give cross-community appeal.

Comment

Any new Labour set up would start with minimal support- apart from the difficulty of crossing the Unionist- Nationalist divide, Corbyn and all his predecessors for decades have alienated and often intimidated local activists. It isn't sentiment, but vindictiveness.

Comment

I can't decide if Fianna Fail or a westminster party would provoke more hostility in Northern Ireland. The good burghers of 5/8ths of Ulster seemed to be profoundly uninterested in helping Tories keep their deposit.

Comment

[URL]https://twitter.com/historyned/status/1090651322972622849?s=21[/URL]]

Comment

Fucking hell. Dirty prod bastards.

Comment

Ernest Saunders, Diageo, bunch of cunts obvs, but the Guinness family? Should all have been set on fire.

Comment

The war should be over but there's still battles going on, a woman who had a legal termination in Holles street maternity hospital had her details leaked and was contacted by an anti abortion group, shower of cunts as well as the uber cunt who gave them the information.

Comment

I hope that Admin staff member dies roaring, roasary broken in his/her hand.

Comment

https://twitter.com/thephoenixmag/status/1098526157178372097

Hoo-boy. I mentioned on another thread that I was in college with Derbhail mcDonald (She wrote a great piece in the Guardian about the border) and I've got to say that my fellow South Tipperary man has really fucked up here. If you're going to bully someone, do not bully a qualified Barrister from South Armagh. There's talk that the complaint is 80 pages long, which at this distance seems to strongly suggest Transcripts and Recordings.

Comment

Hahahahaha.

Comment

Honestly, the list of people I'd sooner have to bully includes Conor mcGregor, Martin O'Neill and Roy Keane.

Comment

Nice that Berbs is reminiscing about his student girlfriend from long ago- even if he can't help the usual stereotype about people from XMG tending to psychopathic violence

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                                        https://twitter.com/thephoenixmag/status/1098526157178372097

Hoo-boy. I mentioned on another thread that I was in college with Derbhail mcDonald (She wrote a great piece in the Guardian about the border) and I've got to say that my fellow South Tipperary man has really fucked up here. If you're going to bully someone, do not bully a qualified Barrister from South Armagh. There's talk that the complaint is 80 pages long, which at this distance seems to strongly suggest Transcripts and Recordings.
                                        My sister went to UCC with Sheehan - even then she used to call him a pretentious would-be politico.

Comment

No, I don't see that myself. She's as far removed from violence as you would expect the group business editor of INM to be. She's also a pleasant and straightforward person to deal with. However she does come from an area with a very strong and longstanding culture of interpersonal conflict going back thousands of years, and it really shouldn't come as too much of a surprise that instead of cowering and then bitching about FS behind his back, she has decided to end his career. She's not the first person in INM to feel the wrath of the young editor, but she's probably going to be the last. The Phoenix today suggests that the complaint is over 100 pages long.

Comment

You didn't write it for her, did you?

Comment

<applause>

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post

My sister went to UCC with Sheehan - even then she used to call him a pretentious would-be politico.
                                                He was always unbearable as a guest on Vincent Browne, and very unpleasant to deal with in person.

Comment

Strangely, of all the Irish newspapers, the Irish Times seems to be declining least.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
                                                    You didn't write it for her, did you?
                                                    I blow a raspberry in your direction.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X