No announcement yet.

Irish Times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There seems to be a concerted campaign on this. How soon before that twunt Kevin Hague and Tom Holland row in as well?

Comment

Would be surprised if Hague did. His thing at the moment is the UK single market and the cost to Scotland of leaving it.

Comment

Yeah, and he’s been willfully blind to the damage leaving a proper SM will do long term to Scotland let alone the UK, as British wealth and purchasing power contracts. His bullshit think tank also depends on red white and blue underpants funding.
        Last edited by Lang Spoon; 10-05-2018, 19:51.

Comment

I'm not saying he's right longer term, but he's got enough of a point that he doesn't need to start casting around to blame Ireland.

Comment

He is also sniffing around the North like a total Dudley Edwards meeting fool but. Those are deep choppy waters for silly wee men getting their Irish history from one of the world’s worst people. And again, Tom fucking Holland. The most egregious cunt in the world, till I remembered Neil Oliver and Dan Snow.

Comment

BRITAIN is unique among the great nations of Europe. It has neither fought to forge its borders, nor have its borders been drawn by another power.

erm is this the most historically inaccurate opening sentence to an article in the last month? What about fucking Wales?
              Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; 10-05-2018, 20:03.

Comment

Gie’s Berwick back an a’.

Comment

Of course, Wales and Berwick were fucked long before Britain the conjoined State. But the serious business of Northern planting only took place after 1603, only has such a spicy demographic mix cos of the fucking existence of that feral bastard state “Britain”. Not to mention making new and exciting Borders out of everyone else’s lands during the Great Adventure (Oh, that we still had that Enterprising Spirit!).

Comment

Claire Byrne abortion debate on presently, if one wants to see people taking skelps off each other.

Comment

That article is from a former UKIP candidate. Treat it with the contempt it deserves.

Comment

Mary Stein is some yoke.

Comment

The Irish Tourism minister is on the cricket. He looks about 25.

Comment

He's 36. Must be something in the water in Kerry

Comment

It's not just that there's so many of them, it's that there's so many different kinds of them. Some of them have the name of the associated group big and clear. But most of them have the name of the organization in tiny 6-8 pt fontsize, that you need to climb the pole to read. I wonder who the fuck half of these people are. I put up my first status on facebook on the subject, and it turned into a horrendous mess, and I had to delete the fucking thing. The people weren't rowing over anything I said, they were just rowing with each other. If those people met each other in real life, they'd really get on, because they're both very nice people. they just have very different views on this topic.

The point I was making was that if this referendum doesn't pass, we'll just have to do it again in a couple of years, because a no vote won't solve any of the many problems with the 8th. And given that the UK is about to blame us for the Brexit Nightmare, we're going to have to stop pretending that banning abortions actually stops abortions, when it simply puts the words "Foreign" or "back-street" in front of the word abortion.

Personally I am primarily in favour of yes, simply because I can't fucking handle these referenda. They don't happen very often, but the next one is always on the agenda, and when they happen they're fucking horrible.

Comment

Latest Irish Times abortion poll:

Yes 44% (-3)
                                No 32% (+4)
                                DK/Won't say 24% (+1)

After DK removed:

Yes 58%
                                No 42%
                                Last edited by Diable Rouge; 17-05-2018, 07:28.

Comment

House of Lords open disciplinary proceedings against John Taylor:

http://www.irishnews.com/news/northe...n-twe-1330874/

Comment

I don't really know who John Waters is, but this is quite funny, just after he talks to Eamon Dunphy about the "hundreds of thousands of lives a day" that will be "condemned to death", he storms out "You're a fucking bollocks. Fuck off"

Edit: sorry forgot the link https://castbox.fm/episode/id415482-...are&country=gb
                                    Last edited by ad hoc; 17-05-2018, 15:13.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                                      I don't really know who John Waters is, but this is quite funny, just after he talks to Eamon Dunphy about the "hundreds of thousands of lives a day" that will be "condemned to death", he storms out "You're a fucking bollocks. Fuck off"
                                      Once wrote for Hot Press, the NME-style liberal Irish music magazine, has since become an arch-conservative Eurosceptic.

Comment

He has a kid with Sinead O'Connor. She is the more stable of the two.

Comment

My wife had an awkward conversation with her rural parents on the referendum. They both definitely voted Yes to gay marriage but are undecided on this one. Reading between the lines they will vote no as they mentioned no scaremongering lines in the conversation.

I’m avoiding the conversation with my city slicker parents. Judging to their reaction to my cousin coming out (not outwardly homophobic but they thought that was his life ruined and felt really sorry for his parents), I’m not even convinced they voted yes to gay marriage. I fear inertia will lead them to vote no here. Looks like I need to step up and at least have that conversation with them.

Comment

Meanwhile, it seems liberal unionists have been holding talks with an Irish government official about the possible shape of a united Ireland:

https://www.channel4.com/news/by/gar...ades-of-orange

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post
                                              Meanwhile, it seems liberal unionists have been holding talks with an Irish government official about the possible shape of a united Ireland:

https://www.channel4.com/news/by/gar...ades-of-orange
                                              Bit of wishful thinking there from Jim Dornan if he thinks SF are going to fade like UKIP. Has he overdone the laughing gas?

Comment

A bit of wishful thinking if they're thinking about a unionist veto on things, or a continuation of Stormont. Fuck that. Ulster would have nearly 40% of the seats in a 32 county dail. Given our electoral system, I think that's more than enough political influence to get by.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                                                  a unionist veto on things...Ulster would have nearly 40% of the seats in a 32 county dail. Given our electoral system, I think that's more than enough political influence to get by
                                                  A large part of those 40% of the seats and would have some influence if not quite a veto

a continuation of Stormont
                                                  Not much in that for the (ex) Unionists, being regularly outvoted by uppity Fenians. They might prefer to dominate Mid Antrim Council with enhanced powers on flags and bonfires

Comment

Guardian reports on the planned elevation of Lord Willie McCrea:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...brexit-defeats

Comment

Working...
                                                    X