Old cars that now look tremendous.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"They're boxy, but they're good".

Don't know if I've posted the Ford RS200 before, but it's still glorious. From 1985 and it doesn't look out of place today.

Comment

Huh. Page 4, but not by me.

Comment

Not sure if it's been mentioned on this thread (and I can't be bothered jumping through the search hoops), but as I mentioned it on Mundane IV, here's the Opel Manta GT/E:

Comment

I preferred the Mark 1:

Comment

AutoWeek takes the Rover TC2000 for a spin

This was my dad's car when I was a kid, and by far his most favourite car. I suspect this car was the same one I spotted in a for sale listing a few years ago, and he seriously considered buying it until deciding against it because trying to find a mechanic for it in the States is like finding a needle in a very large haystack.

Comment

My oldest mate inherited one of these which his Grandad had bought new in 1966, “Burnt Grey” D reg. It became his Dad’s and then his, and ended up in his front garden as a restoration project. It was very sad he didn’t finish it, and it was towed away some time in the noughties. I remember washing it with him for his Grandad, when we were boys and it was immaculate. Lovely car.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Found on a recent walk. My son wanted me to take a photo of it.

Comment

Son was right. Three wheeled Morgans are a treat.

Comment

Comment

Excuse the flash, was out on an errand this evening and spotted it. Could be gone by the morning.

Comment

If you have a spot of rain, it could have rusted to nothing by the morning.

Comment

Did 2CVs rust? I never got that impression, used to see some very old ones back in the day.

Comment

Now we’re talking.

Comment

Comment

Now there's a car that could rust away to nothing in a heartbeat. Lovely cars though. I think every petrolhead should aspire to owning at least one Alfa in their lifetime.

Comment

Only went out for petrol and bagged these two:

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Were US built cars in Oz a thing? Or is it only enthusiasts?

On the 2CV rust question, I have ridden in one that had holes that allowed one to see the road surface from the passenger seat.

Comment

I'm getting a Milky Way ad earworm.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                                    Were US built cars in Oz a thing? Or is it only enthusiasts?.
                                                    I’m honestly not sure and have never looked it up. But judging by the small number we see - considering how long old cars can last here - I feel it’s the latter. The De Soto has a “Made in Australia” sticker in the back window and is RHD, but the sticker must be the owner’s thing; I really cannot believe De Sotos were ever even assembled here. And the Thunderbird is LHD so that’s an easy one.

The Plymouth I’ve posted on here previously is kept about a mile from here and IIRC is also LHD.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X