Nigel Farage, digging a hole, hole in the ground

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goaded into it by Andrew Neill on the Daily Politics, Farage has explained that the reason women in the city earn 30% less than their male counterparts on average is that because they choose to have children, they no longer choose to spend 20 hours a day, 6 days a week at work, which is what their employers demand.

He's almost certainly right (the reason most sane people, male or female earn less than city workers is for the same reason) but for fuck's sake, Nigel, if you're making that point, use it as a means of bashing an obscene workaholic culture (that almost certainly must lead to terrible decision making in the City, which is an area of investigation I haven't seen explored when it came to the financial collapse) not to wave away an argument about equality in pay. In fact, don't get drawn into that argument at all.

The fact that there are women (let alone men) who will willingly vote for these clueless, sexist dickheads makes me despair.

Comment

Toby Gymshorts wrote: The fact that there are women (let alone men) who will willingly vote for these clueless, sexist dickheads makes me despair.
      Clueless?

Are you sure about that?

Comment

Admittedly Farage and a few others are clearly intelligent; maybe I should have chosen my words more wisely.

Comment

This, http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/jan/23/nigel-farage-ukip-2010-election-manifesto, is either genius, or, frankly, Dagenham.

Nigel Farage disowns Ukip's entire 2010 election manifesto

Ukip leader says all policies are under review and he will not commit to new ones until after European elections
          Standing on a platform of "no policies, and we'll decide what to do when we get in."

At least no-one will be able to accuse them of going back on their manifesto promises!

Comment

Fixed link

Challenged over a compulsory dress code for taxi drivers, he said: "Do we? News to me ... look, under the last leadership and in the 2010 election we managed to present a manifesto that was 486 pages long. So you can quote me all sorts of bits of it that I will not know."
            That's just less than three pages per week for him to have read up on since he returned to the leadership.

Comment

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/nigel-f...s-152757061483

Book yourself a free ticket to ruin the event.

Comment

”hear how Grassroots activists like yourself played an integral part in the Brexit movement, which led to Britain’s independence from the centralized power hungry European Union!”
                An erroneous “yourself” thrown in for good measure.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post

I've a feeling that "Nigelisa Dickhead" won't be using their two free tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post

Got my two - false name and 'cell' number obviously.
                    Hope it's fkn empty and they lose a ton of cash. Arseholes.

Comment

Dre Torr looking forward to later.

Comment

As is Yerp-Ian Citizen.

Comment

Ray Sistarsol has booked his seats.

Comment

Done. Vance Legrande + 1 organising flights now.

Comment

Bad news for all you attending, I might as well say this now, Sue Cook has pulled out.

Comment

Is the Pittsburgh Airport Marriott as high class a venue as it sounds?

Comment

Actually rather nicer than I imagined.

Evidently a favourite venue for large white flight suburban weddings and proms, which is rather on brand.

Last edited by ursus arctos; 17-05-2021, 14:17.

Comment

Comment

Shall we have a thon while were there?

Only 8 hours left to book your tickets.

Comment

Two tickets booked.

Comment

ursus arctos The one time we stayed in Pittsburgh, due to a lack of suitable Motels for a Treibeis style journey we stayed in some big hotel that was rather bustling with activity.

At breakfast we learned that it was home of some dance contest. Pageants and Dance sustain a lot of hotels in the US.

Comment

Sounds similar to the body building event and associated "nutrition expo" that took over a chain hotel we once stayed in in Greensboro, North Carolina

We felt rather out of place, I must admit

Comment

I've been in at least three different hotels with pageants or dance contests, plus one with a pyramid selling scheme presentation, and one with a get-rich-quick-on-property presentation. I can't imagine how many have happened that I've not seen.

Comment

The hotels I stay in are rather boring by comparison, apart from the one where dope.selling lepers outside burned down their own makeshift huts.

Comment

These all happen in the most boring hotels. Beige hotels targeted at travelling middle management whose big selling point is a free breakfast buffet. The ones where I've seen events have all been in C or D list US cities, ones you'll probably never have heard of. These are hotels that are designed to not have any character at all. To be interchangeable between any of a the few hundred cities in this country that have between 50 and 200 thousand residents. The kind of places that Nigel Farage should be permanently exiled to.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X