Radio? - Flying a Kite.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radio? - Flying a Kite.

Is there a demand for a dedicated "Radio" sub-board?

(Rather than subsume it into Film/Television or Music, for example.

Or leave it under General?)

Radio? - Flying a Kite.

I'd just rename Music as Music & Radio.

Same for Books & Scrolls.

Comment

Radio? - Flying a Kite.

And what is the appropriate forum for discussing the theatre?

Comment

Radio? - Flying a Kite.

Theatre & Ballet. Same as always.

Comment

Radio? - Flying a Kite.

WOM wrote: I'd just rename Music as Music & Radio.

Same for Books & Scrolls.
          And papyri and tablets?

Comment

Radio? - Flying a Kite.

Personally, I would make it "Radio 4". No-one listens to anything else, do they?

Comment

Radio? - Flying a Kite.

I do: Radio 6, from morning to night pretty much, if I'm at home and working. Not that I like everything they play, or even don't despise some of it, but it's a damned sight better for me than anything else that's available.

And yeah, a radio forum would be great, but I can't imagine too much demand for it, so it would quickly become a ghetto like Books unfortunately is. Maybe a dedicated thread on here or TV.

Comment

Radio? - Flying a Kite.

Actually, I used to have a wonderful Friday afternoon routine of Gardener's Question Time, Last Word (the obituary show) and then whatever they have after that. However, I have now realised that they have Mayo and Kermode's film reviews on 5 live from 2-4 so love listening to that. It makes me wonder whether I should go back to listening to a bit more Radio 5

Comment

Radio? - Flying a Kite.

I also listen to Radio Kent - the gardening show of a Sunday morning, and the sports show on Saturday afternoon.

It really is wonderful these days, with smart phones and all that. I can drive around Berlin now listening to post-match interviews with Whitstable Town and Herne Bay players, whereas not ten years ago I had to fiddle desperately with a short wave radio just to try and get the score from Gillingham.

Comment

Radio? - Flying a Kite.

Anyway, it's Radio 6 all through the week and on Sundays as well, apart from the gardening on Radio Kent.

Saturdays is when I go mad. Brian Matthew on Radio 2, Danny Baker on 5, Gillingham on the website, and then the Radio Kent sports show, followed by Dave Cash (he's still going). The pace of my life is just phenomenal.

Comment

Radio? - Flying a Kite.

Oooh, how's about turning books into the alternative media thread? Add radio and computer games and we'd be set.

I became aware of a number of podcasts and radio shows after learning of their existence on OTF.

More recently, I've started reading graphic novels, having read a number of impassioned posts celebrating them, which followed a recent revival of the long-running thread in books. That in turn makes me wonder how many recommendations I've missed on here, as it's easy to miss something when you've waded through several pages of threads.

Comment

Radio? - Flying a Kite.

R4Extra, R2, R5 for me.

Comment

Radio? - Flying a Kite.

R2, Classic FM, Suffolk, R4 on iPlayer.

Comment

Radio? - Flying a Kite.

iPlayer for music is ace.

I listen to 6music's Gideon Coe and Marc Riley during the day from the night before via iPlayer.

Danny Baker on 5 on a Saturday morning whenever I can.

Mrs KGR is a R4 devotee and so that's often on in the car.

Comment

Radio? - Flying a Kite.

Kryvbas Gripper Rih wrote: [strike]iPlayer for music is ace.

I listen to 6music's Gideon Coe and Marc Riley during the day from the night before via iPlayer.[/strike]

Danny Baker on 5 on a Saturday morning whenever I can.

[strike]Mrs KGR is a R4 devotee and so that's often on in the car.[/strike]
                              This.

Comment

Radio? - Flying a Kite.

You're often in the car with Mrs KGR too?

Comment

Radio? - Flying a Kite.

Radios 5 and 6 for me, plus the occasional bit of Planet Rock if I'm feeling saucy.

Oh, and despite myself, 15 minutes of Chris Evans every weekday.

EDIT: Jeez, my memory is terrible. I also like TuneIn Radio for Android, which gives you access to hundreds of internet stations.

Comment

Radio? - Flying a Kite.

Tell us about those internet stations TG. Any recommendations gratefully received.

The only one I use is Dandelion Radio, though some of the presenters are so earnest in their alternativeness that it jars a little.

Comment

Radio? - Flying a Kite.

Mrs F is keen on Radio 3, so I hear bits of that every day. I'm not really interested in classical music but the other-worldly, all-in-a-bubble nature of the station is quite appealing. The New Generation Artists all seem rubbish, though.

Comment

Radio? - Flying a Kite.

Here you go.

It's basically an aggregator, however the selection is pretty good and the app works really well on smartphones.

Comment

Working...
                                        X