What's keeping you warm this winter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not much for coffee. Lemon tea is alright. But - and don't laugh now until you've tried it - this is ace.

Half a cube in half a litre water

If you have the flue, feeling a cold coming, or simply want to have something warm and a bit of "energy" at the same time.

Many have laughed when I suggested it, but once served they told coffee and tea to fuck off in comparison.

I have some similar stuff that has directions for that sort of drink. Never tried it though. Have you got Bovril or an equivalent where you are?

Comment

Don't think I've seen Bovril here. What is it?
      Recognize the name but probably from mention on OTF.

Comment

A house with central heating.

Comment

Pietro Paolo Virdis wrote: Don't think I've seen Bovril here. What is it?
          Recognize the name but probably from mention on OTF.

It's a beef extract drink or "Fluid Beef" as it is used to be called. . I didn't realise that it was vegetarian for a while. Anyway, there is a also a chicken version that you may like.

Comment

Ooh yes, I used to get the chicken variant in my first year at uni, though don't think I've had it since for some reason. Such lovely warm memories, I don't think I've dared go back to it in case it's not as great as I remember...

Wait, what? Bovril is veggie? How's that then, is it 'beef extract' in the sense that all the beef is extracted from it?

Comment

No, it turned veggie around the time of Mad Cow disease but they have now reverted to fluid beef. It was sort of a liquid Marmite for a bit. Indeed, you can use Marmite as a Bovril but not vice versa.

Comment

Working...
              X