No announcement yet.

Gavin Williamson, MP.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no real idea from a techy point of view, but the Government really is between a Scylla and a Charybdis re Huawei or not Huawei. The financial aspect is huge never mind the post-Brexit alliances etc.

What I can say is that I have one and it's great.

Comment

Either the Beeb have boobed or Williamson has: "Restoring public confidence in the NEC is an ambition we both share".

Comment

Originally posted by sw2borshch View Post
        I have no real idea from a techy point of view, but the Government really is between a Scylla and a Charybdis re Huawei or not Huawei. The financial aspect is huge never mind the post-Brexit alliances etc.

What I can say is that I have one and it's great.

Yes, me too. I wonder if somewhere, in a little office in China, someone is trawling through my Google searches and social media posts and wondering how on earth they can leverage the data.

Comment

I figure yes (well, probably not an actual person), but at least it's not all concentrated in California. Their HQ looks ridiculous, in the ride with the Big Dog sense.

Comment

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/15/huaw...na-photos.html

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
              It would be extremely humourous if Williamson was in fact telling the truth and had been stitched up by one or more of his dear colleagues.
              Even more so if he continues to aver this, provides proof, and then launches his leadership bid against someone who is now exposed as a proven liar.

Comment

The May letter was very careful that it was about obstructing or not aiding the enquiry rather than saying he was the leaker.

Comment

You might very well think that.

I couldn't possibly comment.

Comment

Originally posted by Levin View Post
                    The May letter was very careful that it was about obstructing or not aiding the enquiry rather than saying he was the leaker.
                    It does say "provides compelling evidence suggesting your responsibility for the unauthorised disclosure".

Comment

And "no other credible evidence to explain this leak has been idenitifed".

Comment

An 11 minute chat with a telegraph journalist on the day of the meeting seems to be the compelling evidence. Unless there's more we're not being told. I expect that'll be leaked shortly.

Comment

"May tells Williamson to go Huawei"

(Not my joke)

Comment

Next leader of the Conservative Party?

Comment

If May's got this right then, the scenario is that Williamson stepped out of the NSC meeting and then telephoned the Telegraph, unaware or not caring that it would be traceable. If true, it's hard to believe that we employ such simpletons as senior government ministers. Maybe I'm out of date, but I'd always imagined that this sort of thing was done in a much more clandestine manner.

Next leader of the Conservative Party?

Unlikely after this particular escapade, but never over-estimate the Tories.

Comment

Originally posted by Muukalainen View Post
                                If true, it's hard to believe that we employ such simpletons as senior government ministers.
                                This is the same minister who suggested firing paintballs to deter Spanish ships around Gibraltar.

Comment

Originally posted by Muukalainen View Post
                                  If May's got this right then, the scenario is that Williamson stepped out of the NSC meeting and then telephoned the Telegraph, unaware or not caring that it would be traceable. If true, it's hard to believe that we employ such simpletons as senior government ministers.
                                  Chris Grayling says “Hello”.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                                    Chris Grayling says “Hello”.
                                    Fair point.

Comment

Wasn't he also the machine guns on tractors minister?

Comment

Yup.

Comment

Is he the one who scuppered the latest round of desperate UK govt begging for Chinese Capital, by going off on a mad one about sending an aircraft to put manners on the chinese?

Comment

Aye

Comment

Dense bastard.

Comment

They keep on going

[URL]https://twitter.com/alykhansatchu/status/1125064668156977152?s=21[/URL]

Comment

“I find it very disturbing that No 10 are leaking confidential information in order to try and smear me,” he said. “This goes to show that they had no evidence to justify the actions the prime minister took last week.”

That's quite a non-denial denial there.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X