Rail travel in europe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rail travel in europe?

thinking of getting the Eurostar to Paris and then trains onto Berlin taking in a few cities on the way. do any of you have any tips/info/experience about eurorail cards? in particular does anyone know if one can get discounts with a UK disabled persons railcard or can you use them on French/Dutch/German trains?

Rail travel in europe?

Vordi- lots of good advice here.

If you book in advance, point-to-point tickets may well be cheaper than a pass or discount card. Even if not, most long-distance services in France, Italy etc. now charge passholders a supplement. Germany's less restrictive, though their fares are generally higher.

I'm travelling to Ljubljana for Ultonia's WC qualifier. Via the Orient Express route (night train Paris- Munich).

Comment

Rail travel in europe?

http://www.raileurope.co.uk/ is a good place to start.

Comment

Rail travel in europe?

I would also recommend the German Railways website.

In addition to the best online timetable in Europe (not just for trains running in Germany, it covers Europe from Portugal to Russia), it also has lots of information (all available in English) on their various discounts.

Dunc is right that individual tickets are likely to be the less expensive option if you aren't spending virtually every day on the train.

Comment

Rail travel in europe?

cheers all..that seat61 site looks handy and I've bookmarked it
          still can't find anything about getting any discounts for disabled but 5 days in 10 travelling for £264 first class sound ok to me :-) just have to see how cheap we can get to London and then to Paris for
          last time I did euro trains was when I went from Amsterdam to Stuttgart for the Celtic Uefa game in 2003. by far the most pleasurable way to get to a game and those German ICE trains are wonderful :-)

Comment

Rail travel in europe?

Bon voyage, JSN.

Comment

Rail travel in europe?

I got meself a cracking deal, Geneva-Milan return in august, for 30£ online on the Swiss railways site. Full fare is 100£.

Comment

Working...
              X