I call him Gamblor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I call him Gamblor

During Euro 2008, I noticed that a large number of you seemed more interested in betting odds of the games, rather than the games themselves. And it appears that other sports also only appear of interest because of the gambling opportunities.

I enjoy watching a number of sports, both on the telly and occasionally live, but however disinterested I am, it wouldn't occur to me to gamble on them. Except for, of course, horse-racing and greyhound-racing...

Do you have to bet to enjoy sport?

I call him Gamblor

2/1 on, most people say "No"

Comment

I call him Gamblor

Only if your Micheal Owen.

Comment

I call him Gamblor

Does what?

Comment

I call him Gamblor

Gangster Octopus wrote:
          During Euro 2008, I noticed that a large number of you seemed more interested in betting odds of the games, rather than the games themselves. And it appears that other sports also only appear of interest because of the gambling opportunities.

I enjoy watching a number of sports, both on the telly and occasionally live, but however disinterested I am, it wouldn't occur to me to gamble on them. Except for, of course, horse-racing and greyhound-racing...

Do you have to bet to enjoy sport?
          I don't like betting on football or cricket, because I enjoy those games as they come, and betting distorts my enjoyment. The horses and the dogs are different; I can't imagine being interested in, say, the Oaks without a few quid on.

Comment

I call him Gamblor

Gangster Octopus wrote:
            Does what?
            Has to bet to enjoy sport (or am I getting him confused with someone else).

Comment

I call him Gamblor

AMMS wrote:
              Gangster Octopus wrote:
              Does what?
              Has to bet to enjoy sport (or am I getting him confused with someone else).
              (check the spelling in your original post--GO's response was to that).

Comment

Working...
              X