Link works fine: and it's a direct quote from said link

Comment

Link wasn't dead for me

Comment

I'll have a 9.99 please

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
              Link wasn't dead for me
              I am getting repeated "page doesn't exist". Most likely another Elon feature for non-registered folk.

Yet the embedded link from Wouter works and clicks through. My goodness twitter is a mess.
              Last edited by caja-dglh; 15-05-2024, 17:36.

Comment

I am getting repeated "page doesn't exist". Most likely another Elon feature for non-registered folk.

This.

Comment

Originally posted by caja-dglh View Post
                  With Firefox it seems anything to do with Edgelord Elon's Echo Chamber Of Existential DespairTM is hideously broken. Can't say I blame Mozilla for not giving a fuck about fixing it, personally.

Comment

I paid £7.20 for two ice creams this evening. (Well, one ice cream and one fat free sorbet for Mrs Thistle as per her medically advised low fat diet.)

Comment

I honestly can't remember the last time I had ice cream. Maybe ten years ago.

Comment

Germany still does ice cream cones for €1.50.

​​​​​

Comment

When I first came across a 99, I assumed that it was called that because it cost 9d.

Comment

The cheapest ice cream you can get from the truck that drives around near us now is £3 for just a single cone with no extras. £4 will get you one with a flake and £4.50 gets flake plus sauce or sprinkles or some sort of crap on it. I think you can get an ice lolly for £2. I have resigned myself to giving the kids a tenner and getting very little change. Sometimes I let the kids spend £3.50 each (single cone ice cream with sprinkles) and me and MrB share a plain cone.
                            ​​​​​​
                            It is extortionate but the first day of the year when the kids get an ice cream from the truck is a very exciting day for them and I like that little bit of childhood magic.

Comment

In Mexico, there's a chain called La Michoacana, bloody delicious ice-cream. A "chica" costs only the UK equivalent of 80p, but contains 2 enormous scoops, my daughter can never finish it all. They also do 1 litre cups of agua fresca for the same price, limon con chia being my favourite flavour, but I'm also a bit partial to the cucumber water.

We saw a La Michoacana in Pasadena when we visited California, it was a sad imitation of the real thing.

Comment

Do Twisters ever go up in price? I swear they've been £1.20 in the shop down the road for about 20 years now.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                                  I honestly can't remember the last time I had ice cream. Maybe ten years ago.
                                  I last had an ice cream in the mid-1980s, before I left Bristol. It was a Tarr's ("Tarzeys") ice cream, which is/was the only ice cream worth eating, and you can't get it anywhere else (at least nowhere I've been in the last 40 years).

Ice cream, like sweets and chocolate and cake, is baby food.

Comment

Originally posted by treibeis View Post

Ice cream, like sweets and chocolate and cake, is baby food.
                                    We don't need to worry about you getting high on your own supply then?

Comment

Originally posted by Benjm View Post

We don't need to worry about you getting high on your own supply then?
                                      None at all. The only things I consume that I also sell are water, coffee and the occasional Almdudler.

Comment

I last had an ice cream in the mid-1980s, before I left Bristol. It was a Tarr's ("Tarzeys") ice cream, which is/was the only ice cream worth eating...
                                        Can I refer the honourable gentleman to Cadwalader's of Criccieth?
                                        (There are other branches nowadays across North Wales, but the original is always the best and comes with an ensuite castle- the shop is half way up on the right of this photo.)

Comment

None at all. The only things I consume that I also sell are water, coffee and the occasional Almdudler.
                                          I've never had an Almdudler. Worth trying if you come across it, then? The description "herbal lemonade" sounds like it could go either way.

Comment

I've had a tarragon lemonade in a Georgian restaurant. It was bright green, and very pleasant.

Comment

How about hibiscus? Delicious hot or cold.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hibiscus_tea

Comment

Originally posted by Benjm View Post

I've never had an Almdudler. Worth trying if you come across it, then? The description "herbal lemonade" sounds like it could go either way.
                                                It has to be ice-cold, then it's all right. If it reaches anything over 10°C, it's baby food.

To be honest, I think I only drink it because I like saying the word. "Phew, what a scorcher! I'm parched! I think I need an Almdudler! Yes, I'm going to go to the fridge containing Almdudler, remove a bottle with the word "Almdudler" on it because there's Almdudler in it, open the bottle of Almdudler and then take a long swig of Almdudler. Mmm, Almdudler!", that sort of thing.
                                                Last edited by treibeis; 16-05-2024, 08:46.

Comment

I have some unfinished ice cream (Häagen-Dazs)​ in the freezer, but I can't remember when I last bought from a van. Probably for the girls a few years back.

It's a nice tradition that I'm glad we still have - but there's no excuse at all for charging kids upwards of £3.50 for a cone.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X