Recurrent Drinking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recurrent Drinking

I've just had a few days off the booze (mainly due to stinking cold/general illness) and had been hoping to reap some sort of benefit. Apart from financially being slightly better off, health-wise I feel no different.
    I have friends who have a 'dry' month every year, yet drink like fishes as soon as it finishes and for the remaining eleven months.

So, should I just have a pint, then?

Recurrent Drinking

Yes.

Comment

Recurrent Drinking

A few days won't make any difference. For any kind of benefit at all, you need to stop for at least two weeks (though you are likely to get a few spots on your face near the end as your body rinses out the various toxins -- at least that's what happened to me the last time I gave up booze for a while).

I'm going off the beer for August myself. It promises to be a dull month, because there's nothing more pointless than sitting in a pub with friends sipping water while they knock back the liquor.

Comment

Recurrent Drinking

Yes.
        That's all I needed to hear. Cheers.

Comment

Recurrent Drinking

I've been more-or-less dry for about 11 months - I've had one binge, and I think four nights when I've had two or three drinks, in that time.

The most obvious physical effect is that I've managed to ditch the fags without too much trouble.

Comment

Recurrent Drinking

Bugger that, the golf's on.

Chink chink. Stewart Cink. Marvellous.

Comment

Working...
            X