No announcement yet.

Missing or Inaction Part 20354

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to take a break from various sites as I am now on parental leave for a few months and given that I find small children pretty tedious I'm going to cut out time sinks to make me pay attention to them. So, that's Twitter and OTF out, and I'm going to leave the chess site when the current tournament finishes. I'll still be on the various online sport timewasters. Hopefully I'll be able to do it on willpower without needing to ask Snake to ban me.

Comment

You'll be missed but I envy anyone who can break a habit, even for a few months.

I think timesuck is possible to avoid if you set yourself a strict limit and stick to it. I have found that this works for me on most days.

PPV has been missing since the World Cup, AFAIK.

Comment

Yes good luck with that Etienne. (meant literally not sarcastically as it could sound I guess)

Will enjoy losing to you at online football andcricket and hopefully beating you at chess

Comment

Well I think it's going to be tricky to do, which is why I am making a public statement to try and make it stick.

Comment

Gonna miss you mate.

Comment

Yeah, if you linger around here you'll be a failure; an embarrassment; a loser. Is that what you aspire to be? Get lost, go have a great life elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Etienne View Post
                Well I think it's going to be tricky to do, which is why I am making a public statement to try and make it stick.
                When I did that it lasted almost two weeks. I hope you're made of sterner stuff.

Comment

Small children do sleep sometimes. You could ration your visits.

Comment

Good luck Etienne. Come back sometime down the road.

Comment

Good luck Etienne.-all the best for the new addition.

Comment

Al the best with the new one.

Taking a break can be quite refreshing.

Comment

Yes, echoing all the above. I always enjoy your decent, fair-minded contributions, Etienne, but family should always come first.

Take care.

Comment

What they all,said Etienne. Congratulations, take care and see you when you beat us at all the games.

Comment

Just seen this so I'm guessing Etienne won't, first of all congratulations, secondly we look forward to your return once things normalise. Take care of yourself and your family

Comment

Hope you enjoy the extra time Etienne. Hear from you again in a few (?) months I hope.

Comment

Does anyone know if HORN Reborn is OK? He hasn't been seen around these parts for six months or so now.

Comment

Speaking of which, it's interesting to see which regulars or semi-regulars haven't posted since the start of the year: SouthdownRebel, Dink, Squarewheelbike, mafu, Defensive minded, loose cannon and Central Rain, to name but a few.

Hopefully their departure from the board is because they've got better things to do rather than as a result of difficulties in their lives.

Comment

HORN is doing OK. No need to worry NS.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post

Great to hear. Thanks for the confirmation.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                          That's good news, wish him and Newport County all the best please.

Comment

Thirded

I miss SDR

Comment

The new episode of Chart Music has a few references by Nishlord and Spearmint Rhino to their OTF exchanges (which is how they met, virtually; I don't think they have ever met in person, partly due to COVID curtailing such plans). You can find some via the Search Engine but I think most are on the old board and beyond reach (currently).

One exchange I can't find was on Murun Buchstansangur.

This thread has 5 Chart Music members:

https://www.onetouchfootball.com/for...ne-roses-debut

*Taylor, Spearmint Rhino, Nishlord, wingco, Kulkarni (the latter as the writer in the thread topic)
                                              Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 29-08-2021, 06:17.

Comment

Does anyone know what's happened to Villain? He used to be in my FB friends list, but he's nowhere to be found. I hope he's OK and just not on the socials by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Femme Folle View Post
                                                  Does anyone know what's happened to Villain? He used to be in my FB friends list, but he's nowhere to be found. I hope he's OK and just not on the socials by choice.

I met him on a couple of occasions at OTFathons and thought he was a really nice guy, but he didn't seem to be particularly invested in the message board, so when he disappeared I just assumed that he had lost interest rather than suffered a downturn in fortunes.
                                                  Last edited by Nocturnal Submission; 23-05-2022, 11:25.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
                                                    Speaking of which, it's interesting to see which regulars or semi-regulars haven't posted since the start of the year: SouthdownRebel, Dink, Squarewheelbike, mafu, Defensive minded, loose cannon and Central Rain, to name but a few.

Hopefully their departure from the board is because they've got better things to do rather than as a result of difficulties in their lives.
                                                    I have come across Squarewheelbike elsewhere recently. He hinted at having had a few problems but is on the mend. He also works in an industry that was badly affected by COVID.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X