"The Tribe Who Stand on the Left"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anything that slows down tube rushers is a good thing, I'm all in favour.

Comment

caja-dglh wrote: Add to that "seats without fabric which give you a small hope that they aren't disgusting"
      Just searched for an internet piece on this very subject that I remembered reading a few years ago. I found it on Snopes here….

http://www.snopes.com/medical/disease/london.asp

Slightly disappointed to discover that what I had long held to be a Disgusting True Fact actually wasn't, but, as a daily traveller on the Jubilee Line, probably far more relieved.

Comment

ursus arctos wrote: The bi-directional escalators (which I've only seen in Germany) assume that it is uncommon for there to be any kind of significant traffic.
        One would assume so. However, they've got one at the north-west exit of the Reeperbahn S-Bahn station - an exit that is used an awful lot, particularly at weekends, if only by people who are going to the bushes for (what they think is) a well-deserved wazz.

Comment

I can tell you for a fact that Jubilee line trains are scrubbed clean on a regular basis inside and out.

Comment

Ginger Yellow wrote: Admittedly the Circle line isn't very exposed, but you can see sunlight in lots of places.
            Actually, now that it should be called the Spiral, there's quite a large chunk of the Circle that's overground. Hammersmith - Paddington.

Comment

Working...
            X