Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally, a competition worthy of my intellect

(Sound warning)

Walkers promising £50k plus a %age of future sales to whoever comes up with the best new flavour for crisps

I'm dedicating the next two months of my life to this. My only fear is EIM nonchalantly sidling along to my finalist presentation stand, and announcing, "Oh! I'd have gone with Cornish Pasty flavour", just as Gary and the other judges walk within earshot.

Pea and mint.

I'm buggered if I can be arsed to take a photo, mind. Perhaps- as a marketing ploy- they could do it as part of a range of 'Chip Shop Classics' also including Fish & Chips, which would have a mixture of Cod flavoured crisps and salt and vinegar flavour crisps.

Comment

just do as I did and 'borrow' one from online.

Comment

Did you enter in the end, FH?

"Fish and Chips" is, indeed, one of the six "finalists", along with "Peking Duck in Hoi Sin" flavour, "Onion Bhaji", "Builder's Breakfast" (which I'm reliably informed tastes like a fried egg sandwich), "Cajun Squirrel" (the mind boggles) and "Chilli and Chocolate" (which sounds revolting, but rings a bell - that's some kind of sauce found in mexican food, isn't it?).

Comment

Charlie Brooker's take.

Comment

they've got them on a special display in our canteen-the obviously palatable-sounding ones (I really like the sound of Onion Bhaji) had all sold out except Builder's Breakfast, so I had some-nothing special, I'd say, a bit too close to smoky bacon flavour to stand out.

There were about 40 bags of Cajun Squirrel left unsold, btw.

Comment

Neither of the links on this page work.

Comment

Rogin's opening link from July does indeed appear to have expired, but the link I just put up works fine for me.

Comment

Chilli and Chocolate ... they should've called it "Dirty Protest" instead.
                  I almost ruptured myself laughing reading that. He doesn't often make my chuckle, Charlie Brooker, but that was outstanding.

Comment

Hofzinser wrote:
                    Rogin's opening link from July does indeed appear to have expired, but the link I just put up works fine for me.
                    Me, too.

In that pic of Brooker that The Guardian use, he looks rather like Buck Turgidson...

Comment

Rogin the Armchair Fan wrote:
                      Chilli and Chocolate ... they should've called it "Dirty Protest" instead.
                      I almost ruptured myself laughing reading that. He doesn't often make my chuckle, Charlie Brooker, but that was outstanding.
                      It's just a shame that the article's best joke was blown by whoever was dumb enough to stick it in the headline.

Comment

Have no crisp manufacturers started making packets of 'Credit Crunch'?

Comment

Working...
                        X