• Show
Clear All

Turkey

Oh god. I pity the HDP now.

Comment

Turkey

Comment

Turkey

38 dead, 36 of them police making the PKK the most likely perpetrators of this attack.

Comment

Turkey

Russian Ambassador shot in Ankara.

Comment

Turkey

The Russian Ambassador has been shot in Ankara.

Comment

Turkey

Jesus Fucking Christ as Russian ambassador shot in Ankara - "we'll make you pay for Aleppo"

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/dec/19/russian-ambassador-to-turkey-wounded-in-ankara-shooting-attack

Comment

Turkey

Tardy...

Comment

Turkey

At least I'm not alone...

Comment

Turkey

Comment

Turkey

Russian Foreign Ministry confirms that Ambassador Karlov has died.

Comment

Turkey

ursus arctos wrote: Russian Foreign Ministry confirms that Ambassador Karlov has died.
                        If you've got yourself in your death pool, you might just be a winner!

Comment

Turkey

Well, this all feels a bit Princip and the fat Duke. Please god keep Trump's unpresidented fat little fingers off twitter today. I'd often hoped for Erdogan and Putin to meet their just desserts, but ww3 seems a bit of a high price for their demise.

Comment

Turkey

This guy is more likely to be something to do with Isis surely?

Comment

Turkey

I doubt it's Ergogan approved, but I'm not sure a calm and considered response from Putin is all that likely.

Comment

Turkey

Lang Spoon wrote: Well, this all feels a bit Princip and the fat Duke. Please god keep Trump's unpresidented fat little fingers off twitter today. I'd often hoped for Erdogan and Putin to meet their just desserts, but ww3 seems a bit of a high price for their demise.
                                At least this time it will be all over by Christmas.

Comment

Turkey

Reports that Turkish officials are already claiming that the asassin was a Gulenist.

It is very much in both countries' interest to defuse this as much as possible.

Comment

Turkey

Trump will have Gulen extradited as a little present to Turkey so.

Comment

Turkey

I'm not sure that would be within Trump's power; a judge would block it.

Comment

Turkey

Assuming that the DOJ brought the case, which is far from certain, even under Trump.

This is a good piece on the relevant process.

Comment

Turkey

This will serve both Erdogan and Putin. Erdogan can hang something else on Gülen (though he blames Gülen for every smelly fart that is emitted in Turkey, so the propaganda effect must be diminishing). Putin can go in hard(er) on rebels in Syria, showing that he is a merciless man when you mess with Mother Russia.

And for Erdogan and Putin, who have been flirting heavily with one another, this will be a special bonding moment which will make everyone forget about the shot-down plane -- for which Erdogan has blamed guess who!

Comment

Turkey

As both a Muslim and a white cop, does he get the scary non-white person treatment or the poor guy under stress treatment?

Comment

Turkey

It must be causing Trumpers some cognitive dissonance when they start watching the video and realize that the shooter looks like a white vigilante: "isn't he one of ours?"

Many Americans think white and Muslim are mutually exclusive, just as Trump tweeted that all the Berlin victims were Christians (how could he possibly know?).

Comment

Turkey

And how could he possibly know that the attacker was a Islamist terrorist when he tweeted that it an Islamist terror attack? Sometimes I get the feeling that Trump doesn't do any research when he tweets. Or, indeed, any thinking...

Comment

Turkey

Gun attack in an Istanbul nightclub. No news yet on casualties or responsibility but it sounds like IS to me.

Comment

Turkey

It happened at the Reina nightclub, probably the most famous night spot in Ortaköy. Initial reports say two men dressed as Santa attacked the club with automatic weapons. Many reported dead or injured.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X