• Show
Clear All

iTouch Query (Do My Work For Me)

Should I get one?

What are they like?

I have money.

Curry chicken.

My father in law has one. It's fantastic. You could fark around with it for hours, using the browser and all. The only downside is gig size, but if you don't mind un-/re-loading, you're fine.

Comment

I'd really like to have one, but it's the size limitations that's holding me back. I had maxed out my old 40GB model, and I got a new 80GB (black!) for my birthday. If only the headphones they gave you were black also.

Comment

It's like a slightly malfunctioning iphone.

Comment

The Touch is excellent, I have been thoroughly impressed with mine and could never go back to the click wheel models.

I don't get hung up on the capacity issue anymore. The way I figure it people these days are never going to listen or watch 8 or 16gb of content in the time they are away from their computers or laptops, so you're never going to run short of stuff between syncs.

Comment

Impressive.

I have an iPod Shuffle to store my MP3s and a Nano for my vast collection of YouTube fluff but what I'll really be using the iTouch for is the internet and some other stuff that you can't do on the aformentioned.

Plus, I love Apple products. I'm planning on getting a Macbook Air this Xmas.

I've really been getting into buying portable devices of late. I'm always on the move these days which is probably why. Last Xmas I bought a Nintendo DS Lite with Zelda, The New Zealand Story, Contra 4 and most recently Call of Duty 4. Its been great. Immense fun. These days I'll just buy anything thats portable rather than getting something for the house.

I tend to use them more, even when I'm at home.

Comment

The way I figure it people these days are never going to listen or watch 8 or 16gb of content in the time they are away from their computers or laptops, so you're never going to run short of stuff between syncs.
              Yeah, but that's not really the point, as far as I'm concerned. The point of an mp3 player for me is being able to listen to anything from your music collection at any time, if the mood grabs you. And I need the space for non-music stuff like podcasts and voice recordings. Hurry up and release a 100GB Touch, Apple.

Comment

I've had mine for a few weeks now. I think its brilliant, does everything it says on the tin. Mostly use it for portable web access and movies when I'm on the go.

Excellent piece of kit.

Comment

"I'm planning on getting a Macbook Air this Xmas."

You might want to wait. I'm having all kinds of trouble with my aging MacBookPro, but my IT guy says to wait till next spring for the Air 2.0 -or go to an ordinary MacBook.

The next generation MBA will sort out a couple of hardware issues that the current version suffers from. They have (for instance) a problem with overheating, because the MBA was supposed to ship with Intel 45nm chips which arrived too late for the launch, so they went with a bigger, uglier and older chip.

Comment

Working...
                  X