No announcement yet.

A Well Regulated Militia . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not quite sure what they think they are going to get out of those having read such state materials very recently.

Comment

[https://twitter.com/slate/status/1433648401204359168?s=21

Comment

The Texas way of dealing with unwanted pregnancy.

Comment

Here it is the Covid-19 (invermectin cadet branch) / first amendment crossover post
          https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...covid-1220608/

Gunshot victims left waiting as invermectin overdoses overwhelm Oklahoma hospitals

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...covid-1220608/

Comment

White guy kills four wearing combat gear in Lakeland, FL, including a baby; the police don't shoot him.

Comment

Former Marine, reportedly on meth.

The County Sheriff's quote is a lot

“It would have been nice if he would have come out with a gun ... We would have shot him up a lot. But he didn’t because he was a coward,” Judd said. “When someone chooses to give up, we take them into custody peacefully.”

Comment

Originally posted by ooh aah View Post
                The Texas way of dealing with unwanted pregnancy.
                I know this is a joke, but there is a thing in the Southern states where women are murdered because the Bible says divorce is a sin. There have been some cases of pastors killing their wives because that was seen as an easier option.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post

I know this is a joke, but there is a thing in the Southern states where women are murdered because the Bible says divorce is a sin. There have been some cases of pastors killing their wives because that was seen as an easier option.
                  I was trying to tie it in with the abortion decision the other day, more along the lines of letting the kids play with your gun

Comment

Originally posted by ooh aah View Post

I was trying to tie it in with the abortion decision the other day, more along the lines of letting the kids play with your gun
                    Ah, I was just spinning it further given there is already a propensity to gamble on getting away with murder.

Comment

https://twitter.com/bbcbreaking/status/1450839017138921479?s=21

Comment

Kyle Rittenhouse acquitted on all charges.

Comment

Jesus.

Comment

Fucking hell, America.

At this rate anyone wanting justice will have to gun up and go get it themselves.

Comment

Were you expecting a different outcome?

Comment

Hoping yes, expecting probably not.

Comment

It was never going to work out well when the prosecution witness admitted approaching the defendant while armed and pointing a gun at him. The DA's office did a terrible job. I know that ignores a lot of other factors, but the prosecution's failures were embarrassing.

Comment

I just really hope the jury in Florida doesn't reach the same conclusion in Florida. That would be disasterous.

Comment

Originally posted by Incandenza View Post
                                      Were you expecting a different outcome?
                                      Nope. Still stunned for a few moments when it came up on my Twitter feed, though.

Comment

I have no words for this.

Comment

So will the good people of OTF be boycotting the world cup in the USA due to their "interesting" legal system.

Comment

Judge was bent too.

This fucking place...

Comment

I don't know how the American justice system works.
                                              Can anything be done to get him back in a courtroom to face any kind of charge? Is there any way this can be overturned by a higher justice?

Comment

I could have seen a hung jury, but a unanimous acquittal on all charges? I'm just....amazed.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
                                                  I don't know how the American justice system works.
                                                  Can anything be done to get him back in a courtroom to face any kind of charge? Is there any way this can be overturned by a higher justice?
                                                  Very little.

He can't be tried again for any of the underlying acts under state law because of the Constitutional prohibition of "double jeopardy" and the chances of a federal charge are very small.

Comment

Fucking horrid little shit. All of this stinks.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X