No announcement yet.

A Well Regulated Militia . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really want “abundance of caution” to do one.

Comment

Shootings in Indiana following row over stimulus cheque

​​​​​​Three adults, one minor dead.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-56424266

Comment

Originally posted by caja-dglh View Post
        I really want “abundance of caution” to do one.
        I always tried to talk clients out of using the phrase.

Comment

If you were going to cast a white supremacist shooter in a film, the actor would look like the guy in the AP tweet.

Comment

My immediate reaction to Atlanta was that the guy must have a pathological hatred of sex trafficking victims but, on reflection, it's more likely that he knew it would be an easy, unprotected place to find Asian women.

Another concern is how he managed to get to three locations before he was stopped. And, of course, being white, he's not dead or even wounded.

Comment

Seen claims the shooter was a pastor's son. The Independent has this

[Name] was described as “big into religion” and “sorta nerdy” by a former classmate at Sequoyah High, where he graduated in 2017.

[Name] and his family have a long association with the Crabapple First Baptist Church in Milton, Georgia, according to social media posts dating back several years

It feels like the overlap between white supremacism and evangelical Christianity in America is increasing.

Comment

And I'll say it again
                "No formal policies but just ideas" UKIP/Brexit/Reform/Farage have put it on record as "it should be ok to own handguns

Except without the underlines

Comment

https://twitter.com/angryasianman/status/1372214045210595330

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                    Seen claims the shooter was a pastor's son. The Independent has this

[Name] was described as “big into religion” and “sorta nerdy” by a former classmate at Sequoyah High, where he graduated in 2017.

[Name] and his family have a long association with the Crabapple First Baptist Church in Milton, Georgia, according to social media posts dating back several years

It feels like the overlap between white supremacism and evangelical Christianity in America is increasing.
                    Not really. At one point not so long ago, that overlap, at least among white Evangelicals, was 100% so it could only get better. In recent years, all churches have realized that they can't be all things to all of their members, or potential members. So they are deciding which side of history they want to be on from here on out and are therefore being more vocal about it, either way.

For example.

Comment

I think we know which side his church chose

https://twitter.com/robertpjones/status/1372259857873657861

Comment

https://twitter.com/phil_lewis_/status/1372280355626094601?s=21

Comment

https://twitter.com/jimsciutto/status/1372354134867861504

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                            My immediate reaction to Atlanta was that the guy must have a pathological hatred of sex trafficking victims but, on reflection, it's more likely that he knew it would be an easy, unprotected place to find Asian women.

Another concern is how he managed to get to three locations before he was stopped. And, of course, being white, he's not dead or even wounded.
                            According to the Captain J Baker the local senior police officer, the shooter was having a bad day tackling his sex addiction.
                            Not a surprise this police officer has anti Asian posts on his Facebook.

You can't make this stuff up.

Comment

The purity culture of Southern Baptists seems complicit in this awful crime.

Comment

Hang em high.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1372557069312753676?s=20

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                  The purity culture of Southern Baptists seems complicit in this awful crime.
                                  I would say more than complicit

https://twitter.com/emilyjoypoetry/status/1372234451405713411

Comment

Exactly

Comment

Somebody needs to teach Rep. Chip Roy how to wear a mask properly.

Comment

Report of a active shooter at a grocery store in Boulder, CO. Fired upon police when they arrived, and he's inside the store still. A livestream from someone in the parking lot shows that almost all of the windows have been shot out.

Comment

https://twitter.com/TriciaOPhoto/status/1374129178606456833

Comment

I think I've been to that King Soopers. Not sure it was a King Soopers when I was there.

Comment

I’ve definitely been in it a few times. We stayed a couple of blocks away for about 6 weeks when we were trying to decide where we were going to live.

Comment

At least six dead

Comment

ATLANTA—In the hours following a violent rampage in Georgia in which a lone attacker killed eight individuals and injured one other, citizens living in the only country where this kind of mass killing routinely occurs reportedly concluded Wednesday that there was no way to prevent the massacre from taking place. “This was a terrible tragedy, but sometimes these things just happen and there’s nothing anyone can do to stop them,” said Iowa resident Jamie Harkin, echoing sentiments expressed by tens of millions of individuals who reside in a nation where over half of the world’s deadliest mass shootings have occurred in the past 50 years and whose citizens are 20 times more likely to die of gun violence than those of other developed nations. “It’s a shame, but what can we do? There really wasn’t anything that was going to keep this individual from snapping and killing a lot of people if that’s what they really wanted.” At press time, residents of the only economically advanced nation in the world where roughly two mass shootings have occurred every month for the past eight years were referring to themselves and their situation as “helpless.”

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                                    At least six dead
                                                    Seems like ten total, including a police officer.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X