Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
    We are just about ready for Blockchain 2.0

Or, as one could say le Blockchain Nouveau est arrivée!
    It’s la Blockchain, actually. :-) I’m having to write about it in French and German, where it’s also femme.

Eeeeek.

Comment

Interesting. Makes sense, what with "la chaine" and "die Kette"

Comment

Or as the female boss says “solutions tend to be female”. We shall see.

Comment

Not actually bitcoin related, but in techbros rediscovering basic principles news, Silicon Valley reinvents taxation for universal education

Comment

And in actual bitcoin news, the EBA's report on crypto assets is out.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Yellow View Post
              And in actual bitcoin news, the EBA's report on crypto assets is out.
              After you posted that on the 9th of January, Bitcoin's value dived from $4004 to $3626. You broke Bitcoin!

Currently, 1 Bitcoin equals 3,542.01 United States Dollar.

Comment

Looks like we're going to get an interesting utility token precedent soon(ish).

Comment

$190 million of people's money stuck in exchange as one holder of password dies. The madness and stupidity of Bitcoin continues to part fools with money.

Comment

Where "dies" is quite possibly a euphemism for "absconds".

Comment

D'oh!

Comment

So, do you think he faked his death and paid off the authorities who issued the death certificate?

I can’t make up my mind.

Comment

He made out his first will two weeks before his death. It's a thinker.

Comment

India does have an issue with dead people who aren't dead so it's certainly possible, but I don't know. Could be either.

Comment

The will isn’t a great look.

It isn’t unusual for 30 year wunderkinder to think that they are bulletproof, but it is at best unusual for one to undertake serious estate planning without addressing such an existential operational risk for the firm grounded in the same eventuality.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Yellow View Post
                                Apropos of nothing, I really like the design of Bloomberg's website. Although those Taboola/Outbrain links can get to fuck.

Comment

Number 17 is a shocker!

Comment

Originally posted by Crusoe View Post

Apropos of nothing, I really like the design of Bloomberg's website. Although those Taboola/Outbrain links can get to fuck.
                                    I can't stand it, though it's a lot better than it was immediately after the redesign. At least they've got rid of the silly gradients, sliding panels and parallax scrolling columns. But it's still a mess with stories repeated at several different places on the page and no real structure. And don't get me started on what happens when you click into a story and foolishly scroll too far, losing the URL in the process.

Comment

What GY said.

The gradient/parallax version was an object lesson in bad design.

Of course, that may have been the idea, as the business model is to drive people to hire terminals.

Comment

I haven't seen the earlier version. It's mostly the colour scheme and typeface I find appealing. Although I've just noticed the keep-scrolling-and-we'll-load-another-article and I really don't like that. I prefer my webpages to have an end.

Comment

II'm shocked, shocked I tell you!
                                          Cold wallets that were supposed to hold up to $180 million of Quadriga clients' money have been empty since last April, according to blockchain experts at court-appointed monitor Ernst and Young.

The report also revealed that 14 user accounts "may have been created outside the normal process by Quadriga... It appears that the Identified Accounts were created under various aliases."

"The Monitor was further advised that deposits into certain of the Identified Accounts may have been artificially created and subsequently used for trading on the Quadriga Platform," the report said.

The report said those 14 accounts were associated with "a significant volume of transaction activity, including trading and withdrawals of cryptocurrency to wallet addresses not associated with Quadriga."

Comment

Comment

Who among us hasn't accidentally hired mercenaries?

Comment

On blockchain vs Bitcoin, I’d recommend this book as readable and brilliant.

Written by my current boss (and friend) who I first worked for at Lehman’s, but I’m not the only person who thinks this is great. Witty and with a mildly leftist perspective.

FinTech Revolution: Universal Inclusion in the New Financial Ecosystem https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/33197601..._qd6FCbR75GXMF

Comment

Is she your boss on your main gig or is that one of your side hustles?

It is a rather interesting firm.

Comment

On my main gig. It’s a great book, read the reviews if you think I may be biased.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X