Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by treibeis View Post
    Tart.
    I like to think my tart credentials are well established on this board.

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post
      Ah, soz.
      S'cool, I wouldn't have mentioned it if I wanted to avoid the subject, innit.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post

Probably not, which is where my objections fall apart, really.

Still wouldn't wear them to sit around the house.
        Hang on. Some long trousers are not long trousers? And you never cover your knees at home, no matter the weather?

Comment

I frequently walk around naked at home. It's super comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post

Hang on. Some long trousers are not long trousers? And you never cover your knees at home, no matter the weather?
            Yes, and no. In that order.

Comment

Do you cook in the nip?

Comment

*wind whistling*
                Last edited by sw2borshch; 05-10-2022, 14:46. Reason: Technical difficulties

Comment

You wear shorts around the house all year long? There's maybe 3 weeks of the year where it's warm enough for me to find shorts comfortable

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                    Do you cook in the nip?
                    Not with hot oil!

Comment

Probably not, which is where my objections fall apart, really.

Still wouldn't wear them to sit around the house.
                      Crikey, that moved fast.

Just to run a message to the shop?

Comment

Plus lounge pants, I have a few pairs of those.

Comment

I'd probably wear shorts in the house in the colder months if I could afford the cost of heating the house to a temperature to make such a decision bearable.

Comment

Fussbudget I sure do. I find it more comfortable and it's not often I feel the cold anyway (TLMG and I have already had a heating-related disagreement).

sw2borshch If I needed to nip out I'd just go out in shorts. If it was super cold or rainy outside I'd put some jeans on, then change back to my shorts when I got back in.

Comment

Yes, and no. In that order.
                              There's a rule at the hut, at least for the regulars. Men can wear shorts, but you have to be able to see their kneecaps. Three-quarter-length trousers are banned.

Comment

Originally posted by treibeis View Post
                                There's a rule at the hut, at least for the regulars. Men can wear shorts, but you have to be able to see their kneecaps. Three-quarter-length trousers are banned.
                                Seems like an eminently sensible rule.

Comment

I'll sit around wearing sweat pants if I'm cold or ill, but I'd feel like a hobo taking down the wheelie bins in them. I would literally never go anywhere 'public' in them.

Comment

Man, if I was still in the city proper maybe I'd feel that way. But this 'Burb is sufficiently "salt of the earth" that joggers down the shops wouldn't pass comment.

Comment

I don't mind going to the corner shop at the end of the street in tracksuit bottoms and glasses but I wouldn't go to the mini Sainsbury's 10 minutes away in them. Basically where I turn from our estate to the main road is where jeans/proper trousers and contacts take over. Even though everywhere in town is full of people in tracksuit bottoms (and glasses, though that one is about vanity rather than decorum for me)

Comment

Capri-length trousers were popular among males of the Mallorca set while we lived in Frankfurt.

I would expect that such people violate pretty much every rule that the hut has.

Comment

Sweatpants are fine as far as the end of the driveway to get mail or bring the bins in. Beyond that it's at least jeans. Nobody here would notice, but it's about self-respect.

Comment

I wear a dressing gown over my clothes, around the house to keep warm, and have to remember.to take it off when going outside the front door lest people start to think I'm emulating vinny 'the chin' (when I ventured this opinion my aunt snorted tea out her nose, making me suspicious about her claims not to know anything about cosa nostra activities, when asking how far she lived from ozone Park and bensonhurst)
                                            Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; 05-10-2022, 15:46.

Comment

Originally posted by Fussbudget View Post
                                              I don't mind going to the corner shop at the end of the street in tracksuit bottoms and glasses but I wouldn't go to the mini Sainsbury's 10 minutes away in them. Basically where I turn from our estate to the main road is where jeans/proper trousers and contacts take over. Even though everywhere in town is full of people in tracksuit bottoms (and glasses, though that one is about vanity rather than decorum for me)
                                              Don't people in England go to the supermarket in their jim-jams anyway, with their pink bits hanging out?

Comment

Never seen anyone's pink bits at the supermarket but yes pyjamas or dressing gowns are not unusual, usually teamed with slippers/Adidas sliders (him) or Ugg boots/furry flip-flops (her)

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post

I'd never even assume Scottish people know what Shinty is, back in the day it was very rare you'd ever have the chance to see a game live or on tv in my bit of the central belt.
                                                  Surprised to read that - it seemed like Kingussie v Newtonmore was never off the telly when I was a youngster, and I'm not that much older than you.

Comment

The only niche Scottish sports weirdness I remember on telly was Pollok v Auchinleck seemingly every year in the Juniors final carnage. But it's possible the lack of stick wars exposure was grandad changing to another of the three channels when it came on.
                                                    Last edited by Lang Spoon; 05-10-2022, 16:35.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X