Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I hate it when vegetables try to be too cutesy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by Fussbudget View Post

I don't think it's very fair to throw one of WOM's earlier and less-successful advertising campaigns back in his face.

Comment

Be the model, they said. You'll save money, they said.

Comment

Originally posted by Fussbudget View Post
          GOD I HATE THAT PHRASE SO MUCH JUST SAY CLEMENTINE OR MANDARIN FFS
          Sorry.

I've no idea if it's a clementine or a satsuma or a mandarin. Or if there are others it might be as well.

Comment

tangerine?

Comment

There you go, see? I would rather call them all "satsumas", but I'd get told off.

Comment

They're called "easy peelers" because they are whatever the supermarket can get cheap at any given time and you know that ignorant people wouldn't buy "tangerines" because they only buy satsumas even though they can't tell them apart.

Comment

• Mandarins are a type of orange and the overarching category that Tangerines, Clementines, and Satsumas fall into. They are generally smaller and sweeter than oranges, a little flatter in shape, and they and have a thinner, looser skin that makes them easier to peel.
                  • Tangerines are a specific type of mandarin orange. They are a bright orange color, slightly tougher skins, and their flavor is a little less sweet and a bit more tart.
                  • Clementines are the smallest type of mandarin orange. They are super sweet, seedless, and have red-orange skins that are smooth and shiny. The mandarins you see in grocery stores called Cuties and Sweeties are Clementines. They are easier to peel than tangerines, but not as easy to peel as Satsumas.
                  • Satsuma Mandarins are a specific type of mandarin orange, originating in Japan more than 700 years ago. They are a lighter orange, sweet, juicy, and seedless. They are also the easiest variety to peel.

Comment

Is this the right thread to continue my longstanding lobbying for Dundee United to adopt the Salsoul Orchestra's version of Tangerine as their walk-out music? Wooo

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                      They're called "easy peelers" because they are whatever the supermarket can get cheap at any given time and you know that ignorant people wouldn't buy "tangerines" because they only buy satsumas even though they can't tell them apart.
                      Kind of like two-by-fours being called SPF, or spruce / pine / fir, or basically who knows...we chopped it down and sent it through the mill.

Comment

Working...
                      X