No announcement yet.

Thatcher Cosplay - Can't Truss It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You'd think the Met Police would be hauling the corrupt chancellor's ass off to jail pretty sharpish what with him being black and all.

Comment

They’re replacing GDPR because… reasons. Good luck with that.

Comment

Potentially wiping out the data sector in the process. 4% of the economy.

Comment

Huh, Truss is refusing to say whether she has confidence in Kwarteng. Surely he's gone, then, already?

Comment

I see Badenoch is being lamented as a lost leader in some quarters, no doubt teeing her up for the next contest.

Comment

But the reasons she didn't win last time will still be there. My guess is that the next one will be someone who didn't run last time, most obviously Johnson, but then there would be a VoNC in him before the next election, based on the same splits as last time.

Comment

Braverman is accusing Tory MPs of a "coup" while preparing to announce her latest violation of international law (banning those who arrive on small boats from claiming asylum)

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                  Potentially wiping out the data sector in the process. 4% of the economy.
                  GDPR by default will become the standard private sector will have to live by worldwide if you wish to trade outside globally, no matter where you are based and whatever Wild West laws are in force there. As US corporations are finding out.

I don't see anyhow they will successfully manage this. And of course the U.K. was one of the main architects of the GDPR in the first place. Wanks.
                  Last edited by Lang Spoon; 04-10-2022, 13:10.

Comment

Presumably, they'll still be protecting their own data, just not anyone else's, which in turn will repel investors?

Comment

That royal death that he was so upset about that he laughed during the funeral?

https://twitter.com/Independent/status/1577279618448490497?t=IObNpna1wT7rvzP-zP7Fgw&s=19

Comment

I usually dream about having to do my Maths A Level again, but with a pen that won't write.

https://twitter.com/matt_dathan/status/1577272972318048256?t=-vfy8OFDP8uhGmRlZDLM8g&s=19

Comment

Kwasi Kwarteng blames ‘pressure’ of Queen’s death for botched mini-budget
                          As if the mini-budget hadn't already been designed before she snuffed it.

Comment

So, it was the Queen's fault now. Blaming the dead and blaming the royals is usually the kind of thing that works well with the Tory heartlands.

Comment

Too many foreign students coming into the UK - Suella Braverman

Home Secretary Suella Braverman has been speaking at a Telegraph fringe event at the Tory Party Conference and we've been bringing you some of her key comments here.

In the last hour, she said she thinks "too many students" are coming into the UK who are "frankly propping up substandard courses in inadequate institutions". She said this after claiming "net migration needs to come down".

"I think poor universities are being bankrolled by foreign students and I would really like to see that number come down."

She said the UK was seeing "quite a large number" of foreign students bringing in their family members.

When asked if she feels anything stopping others coming into the country as her parents are from Mauritius and Kenya, she said: "I have no qualms about that".

She added that she "delights" in annoying the left.

Comment

Surely Kwarteng is toast now? What a rocket scientist, unnecessarily giving everyone a fresh prompt to comment on how he was laughing at Brenda’s funeral while coming out with an offensively lame excuse.

Someone on Twitter commented on Braverman’s “dream” comment that it was a new variant on MLK.

The Benny Hill music surrounding the conference venue is perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Flanagans Dog View Post

When asked if she feels anything stopping others coming into the country as her parents are from Mauritius and Kenya, she said: "I have no qualms about that".

She added that she "delights" in annoying the left.
                                  She's a racist troll then

Comment

Surely each foreign student brings in tens of thousands of pounds to the economy each year? Decreasing their numbers is economically illiterate.

Comment

Well, indeed. Quite apart from the whole “soft power” benefit. But then practically every damn thing this nasty scumbag government do is economically illiterate, from hard Brexit to tens of billions of unfunded tax cuts via fracking and attacks on GDPR. It’s a cultural and economic suicide cult.

Comment

"She said the UK was seeing "quite a large number" of foreign students bringing in their family members."

Surely this isn't even possible.

Comment

Braverman seems to have concocted a racist CT about foreigners taking meaningless courses just so they can bring their families in, which I doubt is even a legal option (did you ever meet an overseas student with a family in tow?).*

And of course she's not talking about white Australian or South African students.

*a quick look at gov.uk suggests that it's only postgrads and those sponsored by governments, and they can only bring partners and kids not parents etc.
                                          Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 04-10-2022, 16:01.

Comment

Attempting to apply any rational framework to her statements is a fool's errand

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post

She's a racist troll then
                                              I might couch it in less polite terms, but yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                                Braverman seems to have concocted a racist CT about foreigners taking meaningless courses just so they can bring their families in, which I doubt is even a legal option (did you ever meet an overseas student with a family in tow?).

And of course she's not talking about white Australian or South African students.
                                                Next thing she'll be banging on about benefits, as though signing on wasn't hard enough even for white "locals",

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                                  Attempting to apply any rational framework to her statements is a fool's errand
                                                  Sure. I'm just educating myself about the rules she's lying about.

Comment

Surely the whole point about being a student is to be as far away from your family as possible so that they remain blissfully unaware of your activities.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X