No announcement yet.

Thatcher Cosplay - Can't Truss It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do like the implication there that having to fly all the way to Aberdeen of all places is almost as hellish a trek as the drive through the Middle of Nowhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
      Hearing how to get to Balmoral you have to fly to Aberdeen and then drive for about an hour into the middle of nowhere, I couldn't help thinking that for a monarch who loves her subjects so much, queenie doesn't half try and live as far away from them all as possible.
      In fairness though, Windsor Castle is slap bang in the middle of the high street. I went to a wedding there in 2001 and having driven up from Cornwall to my hotel the night before, I went for a Saturday morning stroll into the town centre and discovered to my surprise that the castle was literally opposite a TopShop.

Comment

Apparently air traffic control at Aberdeen kept her plane in a holding pattern for a while, which I'd like to think was because they were sitting there pissing themselves laughing saying "make it go round again, dare you", but really was because there was fog.

Comment

Originally posted by kokamoa View Post

In fairness though, Windsor Castle is slap bang in the middle of the high street. I went to a wedding there in 2001 and having driven up from Cornwall to my hotel the night before, I went for a Saturday morning stroll into the town centre and discovered to my surprise that the castle was literally opposite a TopShop.
          Buckingham Palace is quite central too of course. Handy for places to buy tea towels anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
            If only. But there'll be none of that honeymoon bullshit the most credulous of the electorate usually fall for.
            https://twitter.com/Mole_9/status/1567052712608497665?t=Tjh5DCF0nCarzHXwNNxT7A&s=19

Comment

Isn't she in Balmoral because it might prolong her life a bit more and thus delay that extra Bank Holiday that Brits are craving?

Comment

Johnson was banking on her dying in time to save his prime ministership as the rage started mounting a few months back.

Comment

Originally posted by kokamoa View Post

And a big McDonald's and a huge Wetherspoon's as well these days.

Comment

Ha. I meant in polls though, not those frothing rags.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                      Isn't she in Balmoral because it might prolong her life a bit more and thus delay that extra Bank Holiday that Brits are craving?
                      It's where she "summers" and indulges her love of shooting the wrong animals (it's not the healthy stags that need hunting but the huge forest destroying herds chinless bastards like that have allowed to multiply unchecked for the last 150 years).

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
                        Hearing how to get to Balmoral you have to fly to Aberdeen and then drive for about an hour into the middle of nowhere, I couldn't help thinking that for a monarch who loves her subjects so much, queenie doesn't half try and live as far away from them all as possible.
                        I do like the implication there that having to fly all the way to Aberdeen of all places is almost as hellish a trek as the drive through the Middle of Nowhere.
                        I'm doing my best not to take the hump.
                        Aberdeenshire? The middle of nowhere! Cheeky bastards.

Comment

Eh I was quoting! No offence to Lt. Col. Sir Red Max of Mar Lodge.

Comment

Eh I was quoting! No offence to Lt. Col. Sir Red Max of Mar Lodge.
                            All is forgiven.
                            Now I'm off out to bag a couple of grouse for my supper, then evict a couple of tenants for some evenings entertainment.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
                              I've looked on three football boards today. Normally when anything political comes up (rarely) opinions are diverse and split between left and right. Today I haven't seen a single post in support of her, or her party.
                              I haven't looked, because it's an absolute sewer and I stopped looking a year ago, but I would bet Blue & Amber, Shrewsbury's board, has posts in support.

Comment

The shite she trotted out about "This country was built by people with the strength and determination ... to get us through all the storms we face" made me feel we're going to get another (checks calendar) 27 months of tired old bollocks harking back to a fantasy version of WW2 now only maintained in the minds of boomers who watch The Dambusters every weekend.

Mind you she had just met the Queen, so who knows. Maybe Liz suggested she put that bit in.

Comment

Barclays, Shapps and Raab all out of the cabinet, and free to form the prog supergroup that their names demand.

Comment

Originally posted by The Red Max View Post

I'm doing my best not to take the hump.
                                    Aberdeenshire? The middle of nowhere! Cheeky bastards.
                                    Quite right, a quick look at the map tells us that it's in the arse end of nowhere, rather than the middle! .

Comment

Originally posted by NickSTFU View Post

I haven't looked, because it's an absolute sewer and I stopped looking a year ago, but I would bet Blue & Amber, Shrewsbury's board, has posts in support.
                                      I had a look and while there's some godawful shite on there, no-one said anything positive about Truss.

Comment

"Boomers who watch Dambusters every weekend" represent a majority of the people who voted for her.

Comment

Rees-Mogg responsible for Energy. You couldn't make it up.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                                            Quite right, a quick look at the map tells us that it's in the arse end of nowhere, rather than the middle! .
                                            Ragin'.

Comment

Ir could be worse, you could be in Shetland!

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                                                Ir could be worse, you could be in Shetland!
                                                You mean the bit of Aberdeenshire that had the good sense to float towards Norway.

Comment

This from someone staring over at fuckin Newfoundland.

Comment

https://twitter.com/steven_swinford/status/1567210089873801216?s=21&t=NTnVLxDUDvuIPXF_gmTCzg

Comment

Working...
                                                    X