No announcement yet.

Thatcher Cosplay - Can't Truss It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, not something to be doubling down on.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
      That's brilliant.

Comment

https://twitter.com/juderogers/status/1577706667524833281?t=kEJtU07MsSXuCPaYsIEOcg&s=19

Comment

Wow! So all the Thatcher cosplay was just a gateway drug!

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post

This is pretty tin-eared stuff, Nef.

1) I think my initial description fits the dictionary definition.
            2) I don't accept the gloss that psychopaths act outside of accepted norms. In fact in some societies -including sections of our own " psychopathic" behavior (accepting the medical definition which I was not using in my initial description) is positively encouraged and certainly exists within accepted norms in sections of the police or the armed forces. Others in this thread have made the claim that it is accepted or even encouraged in the Conservative Party.

Last edited by Nefertiti2; 05-10-2022, 17:50.

Comment

Can we please not do this? Especially the Skinner style Websters clutching.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                Can we please not do this? Especially the Skinner style Websters clutching.
                i've no idea what you're talking about.
                Tthis is a message board where people occasionally disagree.

I don't think my post was offensive. not do i consider that psychopaths necessarily deviate from norms

I am happy to withdraw my use of the term "psychopath" when describing Suella Braverman describing with great glee how she would like to deport people, not because I think its an inappropriate use of language in that case- but out of respect for Balderdasha who asked me (and who incidentally said that "It's not completely inaccurate to use psychopath to describe Braverman')
                Last edited by Nefertiti2; 05-10-2022, 18:49.

Comment

Aaaaand back on ignore.

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post

i've no idea what you're talking about.
                    As principal, I'd just like to say a few words about what this wonderful woman means to this school and to me. Webster's Dictionary defines Mrs. Krabappel as--
                    73FAEE0A-21CB-4C15-A550-6FCEF0D2BF01.jpg
                    Last edited by Lang Spoon; 05-10-2022, 19:37.

Comment

I've seen more graciousness in a Tory MPs apology.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
                        I've seen more graciousness in a Tory MPs apology.
                        I wasn't apologising to you.

Comment

Personally I think the ganging up some of you are now indulging is at least as unpleasant as anything I may have done in describing a woman who showed great glee in describing how much she longed to deport asylum seekers as a psychopath.

As Balderdasha pointed out 'It's not completely inaccurate to use psychopath to describe Braverman'

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
                            I wasn't apologising to you.
                            Nobody is asking you to. It would just look a whole lot better if you could just hold your hands up and admit you are wrong instead of doubling down and making out it's a witchhunt.

Comment

It would just look a whole lot better if you could just hold your hands up and admit you are wrong
                              But someone who doesn't think they are wrong is hardly going to admit being wrong?

Comment

I never comment about an individual poster - when it comes to the general issue, however, other words relating to mental illness have been criticised here in the past as being used inappropriately, with "schizophrenic" being a notable example .

Comment

Originally posted by Discordant Resonance View Post
                                  I never comment about an individual poster - when it comes to the general issue, however, other words relating to mental illness have been criticised here in the past as being used inappropriately, with "schizophrenic" being a notable example .
                                  I wouldn't use the word "schizophrenic" because it's related to mental illness. "Psychopath" as has been discussed relates both to mental illness and to behaviour showing lack of remorse or empathy which may be condoned or even encouraged in certain sectors.

Comment

All I know is that press conference showed a very strange person, who has obviously zero empathy for others. That is the point I think.

Comment

Surely someone has branded her Cruella Braverman by now, right?

Comment

Dozens of people

Repeatedly

Comment

Good. I'm sure it'll make her think....

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post

But someone who doesn't think they are wrong is hardly going to admit being wrong?
                                            Right or wrong isn't necessarily just about being technically correct on a point, it's also about doing the right thing and doing it the right way. Even if something you say is right doesn't mean it is right to say it.

Comment

Right or wrong isn't necessarily just about being technically correct on a point, it's also about doing the right thing and doing it the right way. Even if something you say is right doesn't mean it is right to say it.
                                              "I've seen more graciousness in a Tory MPs apology."
                                              Last edited by Nefertiti2; 05-10-2022, 22:41.

Comment

Whilst posts 591, 605, 607 and 612 exist that still stands.

Comment

Very well put. That's a great thing to bear in mind in life generally, and something I myself have learnt far too slowly and too late in life. Still, better late than never.

Comment

https://twitter.com/thetimes/status/1578413346776571904?t=TPsySnmQrueNOyIZFWonFQ&s=19

Comment

Working...
                                                    X