Dont need no skin tights in my wardrobe today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This may be a fairly trivial thread. Asinine even. Especially today where the consumer expert on GMTV has told us all to stop spending money unless absolutely necessary otherwise our kids will end up homeless. But nevertheless it is a thread I can ignore no longer.

What type of jeans do you wear? Are you a skin-tight indie lizard? Or do you kick 21" parallels? Or somewhere between the extremes of that spectrum of denim?

Personally I gravitate towards a loose boot cut and a flare. I have tried to get on with a straight leg style, but I feel daft in them.

I like boot cut, but With my waist/leg length I srtuggle to find any that fit. Apparently all people as fat as me are midgets.

I often find jeans (in fact trousers) that have the right waist and leg length but they are too tight across the hips, my ass must be too big. Also they're often too small across my thighs (which I've always thought were mostly muscle not fat).

Luckily Levi 501s (and the equivalent zip fly ones) come in my size and fit pretty well.

Comment

I was into bootcuts for ages, but the day of the slight flare has now passed and the straight leg is now my cut of choice. Modish straights, you understand, not old man's excuses for a fashionable trouser. I tried skinny, but despite my wiry frame (or perhaps because of it), I couldn't pull it off.

Having said that, I'm starting to move away from denim altogether and adopt proper creased trousers. I've a slight penchant for pinstripe right now.

Comment

Working...
      X