Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wouter D View Post
    Worm-Filled Hovercraft?
    No, those are eels. Similar shape, but bigger.

Comment

So far my work day has consisted of realising my train ticket home is for the wrong day, my first attempt to buy a replacement foiled by the proxy server going down, my second attempt by my account locking itself out and a key set of mailboxes becoming Schrodingers mailboxes as they exist in two places at once.

​​​​​​

Comment

I realised today that so far this year no work that I have done has been paid (and I have been working every working day since the year began). I mean I don't mind doing voluntary work (I did, after all, volunteer for it), but at some stage it might be a good idea to do something a little bit more remunerative

Comment

Have started involuntarily grimacing when coworker phones and the first words he says are "I'm going to send you an email". JUST SEND THE FUCKING EMAIL AND I WILL LET YOU KNOW IF I HAVE ANY QUESTIONS. YOU ARE NEEDLESSLY INTERRUPTING ME WHILE I AM TRYING TO CONCENTRATE ON SOMETHING THAT HAS FUCK ALL TO DO WITH YOUR STUPID REPORT BECAUSE I'M NOT JUST SITTING HERE WAITING FOR YOU TO ASK ME TO HELP YOU. THIS ISN'T 1987. FUCK OFF.

Comment

Tell him.

Comment

Originally posted by Femme Folle View Post
              Have started involuntarily grimacing when coworker phones and the first words he says are "I'm going to send you an email". JUST SEND THE FUCKING EMAIL AND I WILL LET YOU KNOW IF I HAVE ANY QUESTIONS. YOU ARE NEEDLESSLY INTERRUPTING ME WHILE I AM TRYING TO CONCENTRATE ON SOMETHING THAT HAS FUCK ALL TO DO WITH YOUR STUPID REPORT BECAUSE I'M NOT JUST SITTING HERE WAITING FOR YOU TO ASK ME TO HELP YOU. THIS ISN'T 1987. FUCK OFF.
              I used to have to deal with someone who would send an email, then would immediately call me to describe to me what the email was about. One day I was too annoyed with this, so after she gave me her summary, I said "are you expecting me to give you an answer on this call, or would you like me to reply to your email?" She got incredibly offended and complained to my boss, who thankfully backed me up.

Comment

Fuck her. Tell her you will start faxing your reply to her if she doesn't stop doing that.

Sorry, you said that in past tense. Well, if it happens again, you'll know what to do.

Comment

Working...
                X