No announcement yet.

Office annoyances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My mate has been contacted by one of his clients requesting a copy of his detailed pandemic response plan by Friday.

My mate runs a small property maintenance company.

Comment

He should send them the patient information insert from a packet of supermarket brand paracetamol.

Comment

Though to be fair being small is a higher risk factor here - if one person in a business of 5 gets infected then the chances of 100% infection are far greater than in a larger business. Though quite what a company could do to do mitigate in that situation is anyone's guess...

Comment

Two out of eight companies have said no so far.

Comment

Sorry

Comment

Officially official in that I'm leaving the bright lights of Coventry behind at the end of next month.

Last edited by Snake Plissken; 14-02-2020, 18:58.

Comment

Unless your next gig is in Wokingham, that's surely not an annoyance.

Comment

I did six straight hours at one virtual job today, an hour at another, thankfully the boss in NYC has decided to take his wife out on V Day because I am KNACKERED.

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
                    Unless your next gig is in Wokingham, that's surely not an annoyance.
                    Well, I liked working with them. And I'm leaving them in a better place - which is kind of the idea I know but... sometimes it is sad to move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                      I got a parking ticket in the work car park today. There's a bay right in the corner of the roof with a lamp post in. I backed in up to the lamp post, as far as I could. But I transgressed the white line at the front (for lack of room) and the bastards ticketed me.
                      The Parking Eye appeals people said no, so now I am appealing to Popla. It's all online. They must have loads of people appealing to have such a slick online process.

Comment

Kerb Gherkin has been cancelled today, due to weather warnings apparently. There's a bit of drizzle.

Comment

We are doing some work for a government agency. The drop dead date for completion has always been April 1st (oh the irony).

Right up until Christmas they were unclear on their exact requirement. It wasn't until my scheduled utilisation topped 150% that they signed off and I was finally able to begin. It's been tough going but I've worked damned hard and on our side we are in a good place. However today the government agency have announced they won't be ready and the project is to be delayed. They really are shit.

Comment

Working...
                          X