No announcement yet.

Wakefield by-election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nadine looks at Boris, the way boris looks at his 2 AM wheel of cheese and flagon of port.

Comment

Nadine Dorries, the culture secretary and probably Boris Johnson’s most loyal supporter in cabinet, has claimed byelections are “useless” as a guide to what will happen in a subsequent general election.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post

There's going to be a very drunk and angry Nadine Dorries outside her house later if so.
        She'd be singing 'Priti Va-cunt' but without the 'Va'.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post

She'd be singing 'Priti Va-cunt' but without the 'Va'.
          "GET DAHN 'ERE YA FUCKIN' SLAPPER AN I'LL SHOW YA A PROPAH 'OSTILE ENVIRONMENT!"

Comment

"KEEP YER 'ANDS OFF MY MAN YA FUCKING CAHNT"

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post

Priti Patel's memoir 15 years from now: "I shagged Boris to take his mind off the Tiverton result."
              Jesus, what an image.

Brain bleach all round!

Comment

Originally posted by Eggchaser View Post

Jesus, what an image.

Brain bleach all round!
                Picture Private Helga from Allo Allo wrestling with a blancmange

Comment

Kindly delay images like that until after brunch

Comment

Brain donor and universal target of scorn in the legal world, AG Braverman, has labelled the results as happening because of a "dishonest" pact. I assume there's some legislation in the offing to bar this sort of underhand villainy.

Comment

She is quite something.

It speaks volumes that he is now essentially down to the likes of Dorries, Braverman and Raab, who would have lowered the intellectual tone of the Trump bunker.
                      Last edited by ursus arctos; 25-06-2022, 12:15.

Comment

Just dipping their toe into the water of claiming electoral fraud should they lose the next GE narrowly, I reckon.

Comment

I'll let m'learned friends comment on Missus Earworm's* legal abilities but my mate (married to her cousin) confirms she has no small talk at all. Based on meeting once at SB's wedding, most of the other guests being Tory activists

* [You're a Braverman than I]

Comment

There were some people on twitter earlier suggesting worse, but I can't find any reasonable backup for it:

https://twitter.com/RussellEngland/status/1540617185814581249?s=20&t=bS3_RKrD2fyqqupZi8TfKQ

Comment

The growing Tory panic about an informal Lib-Lab pact, and their fascistic threats on the topic, are wonderful contributions to its promotion, which is great news given that such a pact is both desperately needed in the interests of defeating the most malevolent and crooked government we’ve had since the Napoleonic wars and difficult to achieve in the face of mutual Lib-Lab tribal hostilities.

Comment

… although it occurs to me that such tribal hostilities between Lab and LD are a brilliant defence against legal challenge to an unspoken pact between their respective electoral supporters. As long as Lab and LD are reluctant to do anything officially or “from the top”, and the “pact” is merely the outcome of urging from the large body of independent anti-Tory influencers with some unspoken connivance from (some) Lab and LD activists, any Tory attempt to undermine its benefits through the courts surely has to be doomed?

Comment

Nice to know that even informal pacts are under consideration because, y'know, they were utterly verboten when it came to things like Brexit and getting the Tories out in 2019. I wonder what has changed.

Comment

This fucking Government only exists because of their "dishonest" pacts with the DUP and UKIP. The sheer fucking gall of them is astonishing.

Comment

Anne Widdicombe even said out loud that the Brexit Party were offered inducements to not stand in Tory seats in 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Gardner View Post
                                        I'll let m'learned friends comment on Missus Earworm's* legal abilities but my mate (married to her cousin) confirms she has no small talk at all. Based on meeting once at SB's wedding, most of the other guests being Tory activists

* [You're a Braverman than I]
                                        Just in case it wasn't clear, Ms Braverman and Duncan's mate were not at my wedding. I also suspect they weren't at Slightly Brown's

Comment

How do you know we don't have a mutual friend off line?

Comment

I know that most of the guests at my wedding weren't Tory activists and I'm 99.9% sure Ms Braverman wasn't among them

Comment

Latest seat modelling projection:

Lab 300
                                              Con 252
                                              SNP 50
                                              Lib Dem 23
                                              NI 18
                                              Plaid 5
                                              Green 1
                                              Other 1

Presumably some Lab-Lib agreement would be the consequence:

https://sotn.newstatesman.com/2022/06/britainpredicts/

Comment

A Labour - Liberal government would be pretty bloody rotten.

Comment

​​​​​​A senior LibDem was on the telly yesterday calling for the army to be sent in to break strikes. The progressive alliance, there. Though the Labour frontbench has been almost as reactionary on this issue of late

Comment

Originally posted by E10 Rifle View Post
                                                    ​​​​​​A senior LibDem was on the telly yesterday calling for the army to be sent in to break strikes.
                                                    Evoking that "Spirit of 45" there.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X