Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just Did It

Just adding my congrats.

I was in such a daze, brought on by panic, sleeplessness etc when I finished mine, it was lucky I didn't walk in front of a bus.

You seem remarkably able to hold it (and regular appearances on this boaRD) together, so I've no doubt the viva will go well.

I well remember the enormous relief handing the copies across the counter to the admin bloke, and then running to the nearest bar (an Italian restaurant, as it happens - this was pre-all day licencing) where the owner could tell i was extremely happy, and crowned it by giving me his Zola-era Napoli poster.

Comment

Just Did It

Well done - it's a great accomplishment to finish something that significant.
      Congratulations.

Comment

Just Did It

I imagine that finishing a PhD thesis, or any thesis, is like completing a 400 lb shit.

Congratulations.

Comment

Just Did It

Well done little toro. Don't go too mad.

Now hopefully your mood will improve you cranky little sod.

Comment

Just Did It

Wow congrats T4 (heh); glad to hear the external issue got sorted so well. Good luck now.

Comment

Just Did It

Nice one!

Comment

Just Did It

So what sort of celebratory fun have you got planned? Are you going to do the 'sober get some much needed sleep' thing or the 'fuck me! I can get trollied and stay out all night now' thing?

Comment

Just Did It

No one too amused at Toro writing a thesis on fact?!

Congrats, Toro.

Comment

Just Did It

Well done toro.

BTW are you moving down to London because you've got work down here?

Comment

Just Did It

"Well, I have little doubt that the absence of sausage-related conjecture will be noted in the viva, and that I'll have to add it in as a correction. "

Aha! Proof that academia is a sausage fest!

Comment

Just Did It

Oolon - no, I've no work lined up.

IF ANYONE KNOWS WHERE I MIGHT LIVE OR WORK IN LONDON FOR THE NEXTH SIX MONTHS, PLEASE DO LET ME KNOW!

Basically, I've six months before academic jobs start, and after three and a half years in Leeds, most of my friends seem to be in London or Dublin - I can move back to Dublin any time in my life, so...

lyra - I've just finished an all-too-brief nap. Now I'm going to go drinking.

Comment

Just Did It

oh that reminds me, my friend said I could pass on her email address, will do so.

Comment

Just Did It

I misread Simon Blackburn as Tony Blackburn. I don't think 'm PhD material..

Comment

Working...
                            X