• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thom
    replied
    Just Did It

Congratulations Toro.

What's the title?

Do you know when the viva is? Do you get much say in your external? Asking around, it seems there's a lot of variability in that between countries and between subject areas. In my research group we get a lot of input into the process, but I hear stories of others who basically just get told who they're getting.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    Just Did It

Most heartfelt congratulations, toro.

Leave a comment:

• NHH
    replied
    Just Did It

There once was a lovely little sausage called Baldrick, and it lived happily ever after.

Well done.

Leave a comment:

• JtS
    replied
    Just Did It

Congratulations.... what's it about?

Leave a comment:

• G-Man
    replied
    Just Did It

Excellent news, toro. I hope you find another purpose in life now [smiley thingy etc).

Leave a comment:

• EIM
    replied
    Just Did It

I had a boiled egg in your honour. It's a little too early to drink even for me.

Leave a comment:

• Amor de Cosmos
    replied
    Just Did It

Splendid TTT. Relish the moment and extend it as long as intemperance will allow.

And don't, whatever you do, think about what you're going to do next.

For at least a week

Or so...

Leave a comment:

• Anton Gramscescu
    replied
    Just Did It

I just poured myself an Oban. Since you're not having any, I will have a second on your behalf.

I always find moments of accomplishment like that to be very Zen. There is a fleeting emptiness to life after feeling a major task. An emptiness pregnant with potential - so many possible doors open, so many choices. And all of them open becuase you, through hard work and force of will, have just finished this major task. At which point the zen becomes a flurry af air-punching "woohoo!"s because, let's face it, you rock. Obviously, because you've just finished this thing.

It's a good feeling. I hope that's where you'll be mentally for the next few days.

Leave a comment:

• Brandenburger Toro
    replied
    Just Did It

Thank you all.

Nowhere to drink at this hour on a Sunday, though

Leave a comment:

• WOM
    replied
    Just Did It

I already facebooked him my congrats, but I don't want to look like a jackass just cruising about on the thread without saying anything.

Well done, toro. Ya done it. And yes, go drink something. Anything. Maybe everything.

Leave a comment:

• Anton Gramscescu
    replied
    Just Did It

Mazel Tov, mate.

I think you should go treat yourself to a really nice glass of scotch.

Leave a comment:

• tracteurgarcon
    replied
    Just Did It

Seeing as I appear to be the only other person about, can I be the first to offer my congratulations.

Well done t4.

Leave a comment:

• Brandenburger Toro
    started a topic Just Did It

Just Did It

Barring printing/binding/submission disasters, I've finished my thesis.

I don't quite know how I feel about this. Strange, mostly.
Working...
X