Oi lardarse, jog for your benefits!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...or something more cleverly titled. Should be in the WTF thread anyway, probably

Mad idea. Who would want to conduct a class that the attendees didn't want to go to?

Presumably the hidden subsidies of the wealthy will not become dependent on them attending classes on humility and tolerance?

Comment

The attack on the poorest members of society continues.

Comment

If they can afford that many products from Gregg's (or the West Cornwall Pastie Company) they're clearly not "poor".

Comment

I'm not sure too many people on benefits do buy anything from the West Cornwall Pastie company. In fact the only people I've ever seen buying anything from them are people stuck in railway stations.

Comment

I think it's been established that fatty food used to be more expensive than healthy stuff but that relationship reversed a few years ago, so now it really is lard as the poor person's diet.

Comment

satchmo76 wrote: I think it's been established that fatty food used to be more expensive than healthy stuff but that relationship reversed a few years ago, so now it really is lard as the poor person's diet.
              Fat consumption in the UK is about half of what it was in the 60s. The idea that we have a particularly fatty diet is a myth.

Comment

Bloody hell, have the government hacked Rogin's account?

Comment

More clown politics, innit. Every daft story like this comes accompanied by a picture of low-hanging belly and the words "benefits claimants", which does the job this shower wants it to do. People lap it up too, perhaps because they feel like high achievers for doing boring jobs, or because it presents the world as a reassuringly meritocratic place.

Something like 2/3 of benefits go to pensioners, and the majority of housing benefit, income support etc to low-paid workers. Not sure how those recipients would get a whole lot more exercise in their lives. (Or how they'd afford to live Westminster, for that matter.) Further cuts to benefits for the unemployed would be extremely difficult to make, and would save next to no money for the government.

Comment

(And yes I am pretty much coughing up chunks of my morning reading there: John Lanchester's latest annual report, The Shit We're In.)

Comment

Westminster has closed a few of its sports centres in the last few years. You couldn't make it up!

Comment

How will the bureaucratic mechanisms needed to enforce this possibly work? Or doesn't that matter?

The Conservative party - all wings of it - need to be inhumanely destroyed.

Comment

E10 Rifle wrote: The Conservative party - all wings of it - need to be inhumanely destroyed.
                          They tried that once, didn't work

Comment

There's money in these smart cards for someone.

Comment

I don't mean people, I mean the party. It's a wholly unnecessary force for malevolence.

Comment

Working...
                              X