Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ketchup or Mustard?

If you can pick only one of them!

I only use ketchup with fries. On the side as a dip. Refuse it on (or is it "in"?) a hamburger.

Well, sometimes ketchup on a hotdog, but preferr mustard 99 out of ten times.

Get the votes in and lets see who wins

Ketchup or Mustard?

Ketchup is for children.

Comment

Ketchup or Mustard?

People who put ketchup on their scrambled eggs probably like mustard in their tea.

Comment

Ketchup or Mustard?

Comment

Ketchup or Mustard?

Mustard

Comment

Ketchup or Mustard?

No, ketchup.

Comment

Ketchup or Mustard?

No, mustard.

Comment

Ketchup or Mustard?

Yes, mustard.

Comment

Ketchup or Mustard?

Actually I don't give a fuck.

Comment

Ketchup or Mustard?

Dammit Sean, get a hold of yourself.

Mustard - by a mile.

Comment

Ketchup or Mustard?

I prefer my food to be served with a dollop of cold indifference. Or chippy brown-sauce. Either/or.

Comment

Ketchup or Mustard?

When you have a sauasage sandwich, do you have red sauce, brown sauce or no sauce at all?

Comment

Ketchup or Mustard?

Mustard. Mustard on a sausage sandwich (if I have one), usually on a bacon sandwich although I may have ketchup on that but brown sauce would do.

Chips are just fine with salt and vinegar

Comment

Ketchup or Mustard?

Mustard on a bacon buttie? That's just fucking wierd.

Comment

Ketchup or Mustard?

Why though? It's pork, like sausages.

Comment

Ketchup or Mustard?

Egg is underrated as a sauce, i.e. a bacon and egg roll needs no additional sauce as the egg yolk does all the necessary lubrication. Mustard is a lower-league condiment despite its fiery nature, a bit like Millwall.

Comment

Ketchup or Mustard?

Good point on egg

Comment

Ketchup or Mustard?

Slightly Brown wrote: Mustard is a lower-league condiment despite its fiery nature, a bit like Millwall.
                                    Mustard is a broad sector by type, quality and price though, whereas ketchup is a single, unpleasant concoction.

I completely agree about eggs, to the point of really fancying a bacon and egg roll now. Ah well, only eight hours or so before society will consider my desire acceptable.

Comment

Ketchup or Mustard?

Benjm wrote:

Ah well, only eight hours or so before society will consider my desire acceptable.
                                      Ha, that’s why I love airports: I can order a beer and a lasagne at seven in the morning and no one gives a flying fuq (no mile-high pun intended).

Comment

Ketchup or Mustard?

Ketchup.

But an excellent point made re. egg, provided:

a) Yolk is unbroken during cooking process;
                                        b) Yolk does not become solidly cooked prior to insertion in sandwich/roll, such that oozing process only occurs on contact with bacon/bread combination.

Bacon is too strongly flavoured to need mustard.

Comment

Ketchup or Mustard?

I love these ganja threads.

When I was living in Portugal, you'd use mustard on pork fillet sandwiches and I can't imagine putting ketchup on them. Sometimes I'd see people put mayo on them, but that was just wrong.

Nobody did vinegar on chips in Portugal, so ketchup was much needed. When I have bacon sandwiches, I like to have one with ketchup an the other with brown sauce. If I have a hangover, I'll usually go exclusively brown sauce.

Comment

Ketchup or Mustard?

Mustard has less uses, but is better over all. Didn't even like the stuff much until I came to the Netherlands (a curious phenomena that repeated itself with a bunch of foodstuffs, like mushrooms.)

Had massive ketchup trauma yesterday, trying to remove the wax paper type seal from the top of the bottle. With my hacked and gnawed fingernails not up to the task I had to use me teeth, an endeavour that resulted in me getting a small mouthful of ketchup exploding into my gob. Nasty.

Comment

Ketchup or Mustard?

Ketchup is OK for chips, and maybe on a burger, but not for much else.

Mustard, in any incarnation, makes me feel nauseous. If the Ministry of Love was to take me to Room 101, they'd force-feed me mustard (English mustard, especially; I might just about handle the Dijon types).

And don't get me started on mayonnaise, Satan's very own ejaculate.

Comment

Ketchup or Mustard?

Wholegrain mustard is a fine complement to steaks and/or roast beef. Not so keen on other mustards, though I make an exception for hot dogs.

Comment

Ketchup or Mustard?

Can't be doing with any sauces or relishes - can just about stomach a bit of wholegrain mustard in my mashed tatie, but sausage or bacon butties must be plain or moistened only by a runny egg.

Last time I was in North America I sampled my first chili dog, which included squirty cheese on top of the chili - now squirty cheese would go ok with bacon, I reckon.....

Comment

Working...
                                                  X