Confused (old gay guy alert)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes and yes.

Love Machine was awarded 7/10 for its use of "pie". Possibly being a bit harsh.
    https://www.onetouchfootball.com/for...of-pie-in-song

Comment

Originally posted by Gerontophile View Post
      OK, fuck it. All 12 of the Sugababes were blindingly good-looking. Sorry.
      Haha, we'll forgive you. In fact, I'll try to rank all 24 of them later myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
        The song credits Eric Burdon and Alan Price among the writers. Was it an Animals cover or did it sample an Animals track?
        Club a Go-Go.

It is basically the whole tune.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
          Yes and yes.

Love Machine was awarded 7/10 for its use of "pie". Possibly being a bit harsh.
          https://www.onetouchfootball.com/for...of-pie-in-song
          That was an excellent thread Kev. I'm relieved to find that the rejoinder I immediately wanted to make upon reading your opening post was one that I did, in fact, turn out to have made at the time.

Comment

I can remember a thread to which I contributed discussing the overuse of 'machine' itself in seventies and eighties pop lyrics (Hawkwind, Van Halen, Miracles, Pointer Sisters, Joan Jett, Springsteen, Ant, others), but had forgotten that one completely.

Indeed, 'pie' is an odd compliment. Sweet, yes, but also stodgy and carb-heavy.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
              I can remember a thread to which I contributed discussing the overuse of 'machine' itself in seventies and eighties pop lyrics (Hawkwind, Van Halen, Miracles, Pointer Sisters, Joan Jett, Springsteen, Ant, others)
              https://www.onetouchfootball.com/for...hnology-in-pop

Comment

Originally posted by Various Artist View Post
                For five or six years there though in the first decade of this milllennium, Girls Aloud were getting some of the best and most innovative pop tunes any producers around could find to throw at them, and turned it into a more or less unbroken run of chart gold.
                They were not just 'any producers', it was all Xenomania (as were a lot of the good Sugababes records.)

Comment

Excellent point. I think I phrased whatever I was trying to say rather badly there – i.e. I meant they were making "some of the best... pop tunes by any producers around", not that any old producers were throwing tunes at them – but seem to have garbled two or three semi-distinct thoughts into one sentence!

Comment

It's an amazing song. There's not a lot of UK Top Ten hits that sound like they've been spot-welded together from about six different other songs in lieu of a recognisable verse/chorus, while turning out to be a cast iron classic at the same time.

For five or six years there though in the first decade of this milllennium, Girls Aloud were getting some of the best and most innovative pop tunes any producers around could find to throw at them, and turned it into a more or less unbroken run of chart gold.
                    Yep

Comment

Ahh yes, the one with the revolving windy turntable thing, right? Fair enough. I still prefer the scary vampire club thing in Freak Like Me.
                      I'm still 6 an half about that one.

Comment

Hello. I'm still struggling why they didn't "Spice girls" their way into the American market. And, if I were honest, I don't care. BUT, I think the USA should hear this stuff. yadah, y ETC. KEYBOARD, FUCK YOU MOMENT.

I am old and gray and grumpy, but surely, good music is still the same?

(Basically, I am a long lost soul in Cincinnati, and there's no fucking girls aloud on the jukebos.)

Comment

WAHEY! he’s back! Hopefully good for a length (of time)

Comment

OK, I'm going to try to keep on topic.

My ex-husband just had a heart attack, and then drove hinself to the hospital.

I emailed him everyday, as ever, and then didn't hear anything back. So, I got grumpy, and took some time off to go to Las Vegas (terms and doni... ok fuck the spelling) and found a guy in my ... condo (as I used the keys to get in).

Hilarity ensued.

Except, I was one galse move away from being dead from a friend. (He is, we've met each other).

Phil's favourite song (sic) is "something qabout what the neighbours say"

Excuse me, its been a long week. So, how y'all doing?

Comment

Hey Ger, good to see you.

Comment

Love the new avatar!

Even a short length (of time) would be welcome.

Comment

Yay, Gero sighting! Good to hear from you fella.

Comment

Love the new avatar!

Even a short length (of time) would be welcome.
                                    It's always almost been KYTV, you short-sighted twattroll. And thanks x

Comment

It used to be some bloke from the 1950s.

Comment

It used to be some bloke from the 1950s.
                                        Nah, that's who he dates.

Comment

Yep
                                          I cherish the fact that that post of mine about Biology struck you so strongly you quote-replied to it twice, Gero, three months apart.

You told me you loved me last time, though [*sniff*]

Comment

I can remember a thread to which I contributed discussing the overuse of 'machine' itself in seventies and eighties pop lyrics (Hawkwind, Van Halen, Miracles, Pointer Sisters, Joan Jett, Springsteen, Ant, others), but had forgotten that one completely.

Indeed, 'pie' is an odd compliment. Sweet, yes, but also stodgy and carb-heavy.
                                            Also, as every Scottish person knows 'pie' means :fanny".

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post

Nah, that's who he dates.
                                              Matt Monro, bitch!

Im sorry I repeated myself in another thread. I wanted it all written down. For me, purely selfishly.

What's the closest American* version to Girls Aloud?

I can't think of a single lady ... version. (I'm getting old, what was Beyonce's group?... fuck. Destiny's Child. Nah. They were superb. But NOT GA.)

*Sorry, all-encompassing. I don't know enough about other languages, and their charts, and much as i love Las Ketchup, it ain't them.

Yep, sorry. Should be a music subthread/

Comment

Also, as every Scottish person knows 'pie' means :fanny".
                                                In the British or American sense?

Comment

What's the closest American* version to Girls Aloud?
                                                  Pussycat Dolls?

Comment

In the British or American sense?
                                                    Definitely British. See also 'pastie'.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X