Confused (old gay guy alert)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confused (old gay guy alert)

One of my favourite songs is "Biology' by Girls Aloud'.

Im at least 100 percent that I love it,but the words are quite ... different, as I grow up.

Explain please.

It's a bit masochistic.

Comment

You have to really want to get away from someone if you choose a one way ticket to Alabama.

Comment

"You cant mistake my biology".

Well, actually, one can.

Comment

Always good to see you back.

Comment

Originally posted by caja-dglh View Post
            You have to really want to get away from someone if you choose a one way ticket to Alabama.
            Out of the frying pan into the redneck fire.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
              Always good to see you back.
              Careful, or Gero'll have his cappuccino to go and be headin' for the hills again.

Comment

Catchy little song.

Gero, where are you these days? You've still got Sin City as your location, but these days in the U, S, of A that could be many different places.

Comment

It's an amazing song. There's not a lot of UK Top Ten hits that sound like they've been spot-welded together from about six different other songs in lieu of a recognisable verse/chorus, while turning out to be a cast iron classic at the same time.

For five or six years there though in the first decade of this milllennium, Girls Aloud were getting some of the best and most innovative pop tunes any producers around could find to throw at them, and turned it into a more or less unbroken run of chart gold.

Comment

Cal Alamein he's in Cincinnati, or at least was last I heard.

Lovely to see you Ger. I can't comment on the song as I've never heard it.

Comment

D’oh! Memory fading.
                      I remember commenting about cincy chili and the Cincinnati kids major indoor soccer league team.

as you were.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerontophile View Post
                        "You cant mistake my biology".

Well, actually, one can.
                        I've not knowingly heard the song in question, but from a 2022 perspective this lyric looks a bit TERFy, doesn't it?

And welcome back, Gero.

Comment

The song credits Eric Burdon and Alan Price among the writers. Was it an Animals cover or did it sample an Animals track?

Comment

Originally posted by Various Artist View Post
                            It's an amazing song. There's not a lot of UK Top Ten hits that sound like they've been spot-welded together from about six different other songs in lieu of a recognisable verse/chorus, while turning out to be a cast iron classic at the same time.

For five or six years there though in the first decade of this milllennium, Girls Aloud were getting some of the best and most innovative pop tunes any producers around could find to throw at them, and turned it into a more or less unbroken run of chart gold.
                            I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                              Cal Alamein he's in Cincinnati, or at least was last I heard.

Lovely to see you Ger. I can't comment on the song as I've never heard it.
                              Just for you, young person:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBPtP4t2J1k

Comment

What's that you say Gero? A Girls Aloud top 5? Why yes indeed.

In chronological order, because I can't really split them:

1 Sound Of The Underground
                                2 No Good Advice
                                3 Biology
                                4 Call The Shots
                                5 The Promise

Comment

1 Sound of The Underground
                                  2 I Can't Speak French
                                  3 The Promise
                                  4 No Good Advice
                                  *5 "Round Round" yes, but they did it live, and if I can find the recording, Sugababes will eat my shorts. (Hint: they won't)

Biology is a brilliant song or 5, but a) it has connotations, and b) it has several average songs looking for a place to live. I love it. Imagine how much I love the other 4 (and that one) more!? Interrobang-thingy.

*It was "I Bet You Look Good..." and I fucked it up because of a) age, and b) how fucking dare I insult the 'babes?
                                  Last edited by Gerontophile; 16-05-2022, 01:15.

Comment

Oh, and Nadine had a constant bug up her arse about being the 'front woman' which shrivelled and died when she went solo. How very non-Robbie of her.

Know your audience.

Comment

Yeah it's not just about being the best singer, it's about having that... erm, x-factor.

Damn shame though, it would've been nice to see her have a solo career even, say, 10% as successful as Cheryl's.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerontophile View Post
                                        *5 "Round Round" yes, but they did it live, and if I can find the recording, Sugababes will eat my shorts. (Hint: they won't)

*It was "I Bet You Look Good..." and I fucked it up because of a) age, and b) how fucking dare I insult the 'babes?
                                        Oh you had me all excited for a minute there, I would've been really interested to hear them cover the Sugababes. I think I might've heard their I Bet You Good On The Dancefloor, but will have to look it out anyway.

What's that? A Sugababes top 5* as well? Go on then (again, chronological):

1 Overload
                                        2 Freak Like Me
                                        3 Stronger
                                        4 Too Lost In You
                                        5 Push The Button

[*Songs, not members...]

Comment

[*Songs, not members...]

LoL

"Round Round" and 4 others. Simple as.

That fucking video... I almost felt myself go straight.

Comment

Ahh yes, the one with the revolving windy turntable thing, right? Fair enough. I still prefer the scary vampire club thing in Freak Like Me.

Comment

Mutya never Mutya'ed, like ever. That said, Keisha . That is officially all I can say without being a sexist old twat. Even in a nice way. I will not objectify anyone because of the way they look.

I hope.

OK, fuck it. All 12 of the Sugababes were blindingly good-looking. Sorry.

Comment

I am totally lost.

Comment

Love Machine was clearly GA's best moment. (Overload, for Sugababes.)

(Shouldn't this be in Music?)

Comment

Working...
                                                  X