Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just use spreadable butter.

Comment

Toast in the grill. Toast one side, take out of grill, turn over, butter copiously, but back in grill butter side up, when butter melts take out of grill, eat while still blisteringly hot. Works best on thick crusts. Everything else is just plain wrong (though adding cheese + branston pickle, or corned beef + branston pickle is allowable).

Comment

Toast first (or rather a bagel this morning), with a cup of tea
        Then yoghurt and granola, with a small glass of fruit juice

Which is savoury followed by sweet.* Which, obviously, is the correct way around.
        * - if one of the bits of toast is spread with a sweet topping, jam or marmalade say, that is eaten last with any piece of toast with a savoury topper (marmite, cheese, salami, peanut butter, etc.) preceding it

I don't make the rules. That is TonTon's job.

Comment

I only have a big breakfast when I eat in hotels- at home it's one of either toast and tea, or cereal and tea.

When I stay at a hotel though it's Full English (though no egg. so not really a full English) with fruit juice - usually orange, but sometimes apple - followed by toast (freshly done and hot) and jam with a pot of tea.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon G View Post
            but sometimes apple
            At breakfast? Ew.

Comment

He's from the West Country; he means cider...

Comment

Youse are all fucking idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post

At breakfast? Ew.
                  I usually stay in hotels after a party of some sort - the last time was my sister's wedding for example - so it's usually accompanied by a hangover and I prefer apple juice when I have a hangover.

Comment

Orange juice isn't great tbh. Apple.is better.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
                      Youse are all fucking idiots.
                      I'll allow it.

Comment

People actually care about the order of their breakfast items? I'll find this under "other people are weirder than me, sometimes, about some things, and isn't that a relief".

Today I had a Trader Joe's Cookie Butter Cookie first. Then fruit and yoghurt and granola. Then a croissant that I heated in the oven with tomato and mozarella. But I could have eaten them in any order, and could easily have missed two of those things completely - I don't normally eat three breakfasts, but everything was looking good this morning.

Comment

First breakfast (right after I get up, 5-6 am): Bowl of cereal with milk, cup of tea.
                          Second breakfast (generally after I've dropped the kids off at school, may be later if I have some morning errands to run, sometime between 8.30 and 10am depending): Plain yogurt with (usually) a couple of prunes added, another cup of tea.
                          Weekends are a bit more variable.

Comment

Unless I’m away on hols I don’t do breakfast: unless you count a couple of milky coffees and a piece of fruit (usually an apple). First meal of the day being lunchtime sarnies or similar. I’m just not hungry when I get up.

Comment

I can live without breakfast in the week. Helps keep your weight down as well.

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
                                People actually care about the order of their breakfast items? I'll find this under "other people are weirder than me, sometimes, about some things, and isn't that a relief".

Today I had a Trader Joe's Cookie Butter Cookie first. Then fruit and yoghurt and granola. Then a croissant that I heated in the oven with tomato and mozarella. But I could have eaten them in any order, and could easily have missed two of those things completely - I don't normally eat three breakfasts, but everything was looking good this morning.
                                Care? No. Have a routine that I almost never deviated from? Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by S. aureus View Post
                                  First breakfast (right after I get up, 5-6 am): Bowl of cereal with milk, cup of tea.
                                  Second breakfast (generally after I've dropped the kids off at school, may be later if I have some morning errands to run, sometime between 8.30 and 10am depending): Plain yogurt with (usually) a couple of prunes added, another cup of tea.
                                  Weekends are a bit more variable.
                                  I don't think OTF has heard of second breakfast.

Comment

Hah. I have first breakfast, second breakfast, early lunch and then lunch. Afternoon snacking begins around 3.

Comment

That's why you're the shape that you are...

Comment

Originally posted by Discordant Resonance View Post

Duh, we have a Tolkien thread!

Also S. aureus has just admitted he is hobbit. He no doubt has elevenses too.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                                          That's why you're the shape that you are...
                                          Could also be a metabolism thing...you don't know...

Comment

I experienced (and made allowance for) Janik's First Law Of Universal Damnation at lunchtime today. To accompany my cheese and pickle sandwich I decided on a ramekin of mixed salted nuts. Based on learnings in the past, I added the largest nuts (macadamias) as the bottom layer, medium nuts (cashews) next, and small nuts (peanuts) on top.

Sure enough, what was left at the end was some peanuts and a few salty scraps.

Comment

Originally posted by Discordant Resonance View Post
                                              Here, a typically hearty second breakfast, eaten around 10.30, might consist of a big baguette stuffed with chorizo and black pudding, with tapas of peanuts and olives, with wine or beer to wash it down, finished off with a coffee with brandy. Then it's off back to the building site.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post

Here, a typically hearty second breakfast, eaten around 10.30, might consist of a big baguette stuffed with chorizo and black pudding, with tapas of peanuts and olives, with wine or beer to wash it down, finished off with a coffee with brandy. Then it's off back to the building site.
                                                I'm bloody starving now having read that.

Comment

In terms of weight management, I don't think the beginning of the day is the best time to refrain from eating (or from eating more). Evening eating is more often what really expands the waistline, I reckon. Shame, because I love a big late dinner, but there's no doubt I pay for it when I hit the scales.

Conversely, I reckon the best time for exercising to lose weight is in the evening. If I do it in the morning, I'll just be hungrier throughout the day, and conseqently eat more. Whereas if I do aerobic stuff late at night I'll be hungrier in the night, but won't be eating on account of being asleep.

Comment

Sumo wrestlers achieve their weight by only eating big meals in the evening.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X