• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Janik
    replied
    Originally posted by S. aureus View Post

Sadly invisible.

Uncouth individual. How dare you?!? Its just very fine and delicate fabric!

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post

This is why the Philadelphia Eagles original uniforms looked like this.
    They looked like purple phalli?

The Phallidelphia Eagles?

Leave a comment:

• S. aureus
    replied
    Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post

Sadly invisible.

Leave a comment:

• Hot Pepsi
    replied

Leave a comment:

• WOM
    replied
    Originally posted by S. aureus View Post
    It probably says something about me, but the territories represented in this map just bring to mind a pair of phalli.
    If you see a pair of purple cocks, it really speaks volumes. Be better, Staph.

Leave a comment:

• Janik
    replied
    Originally posted by Balderdasha View Post

I would not be surprised if there is no-one else with my name on the entire planet. There's definitely no-one else with my name who shows up on Google.
    Likewise with my sister. But I would go further with her - there is a serious chance her name is unique in human history seeing as it pairs a Czech firstname that is actually not a proper firstname but instead a diminutive with a pretty esoteric Scandinavian surname. One of those surnames uncommon enough for the spelling to never have got standardised. Throw in on top of that my extended family doesn't use any of the five or six main variants but instead our own apparently unique spelling.

Leave a comment:

• S. aureus
    replied
    It probably says something about me, but the territories represented in this map just bring to mind a pair of phalli.

(no doubt the image won't load for anybody else)

Leave a comment:

• tee rex
    replied
    European powers scrapping in North America is fairly well known, but this one was new to me:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Sweden

Leave a comment:

• Foot of Astaire's
    replied
    https://twitter.com/TOTPFacts/status/1768716575966630075?t=QE8mRkeME17gbVA22mIomA&s=19

Leave a comment:

• Balderdasha
    replied
    Originally posted by matt j View Post
    With a very common Anglo-Saxon surname and common biblical forename, it's not anything that you wouldn't expect. You probably know three people with my name.
    I would not be surprised if there is no-one else with my name on the entire planet. There's definitely no-one else with my name who shows up on Google.

Leave a comment:

• 3 Colours Red
    replied
    matt j They did briefly try to sell Coke with orange in the UK about 15-20 years ago (I remember because the local Londis was selling the 500ml bottles for half price and I bought quite a few).

Leave a comment:

• matt j
    replied
    With a very common Anglo-Saxon surname and common biblical forename, it's not anything that you wouldn't expect. You probably know three people with my name.

Leave a comment:

• matt j
    replied
    Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post

Spezi.

There's also Schwip-Schwap, which is essentially Pepsi and Mirinda.
    That's the one.

I'm sure everyone who has worked in fast food has mixed their own version of this (and now many places offer a Coke w/ various flavoring machine, https://www.coca-colafreestyle.com/f...yle-locations/).

Mixing all the flavors in the soda fountain had various names that I don't remember all of. (But google says at least: suicide, graveyard, sewage, pop bomb, swamp water, tornado, kamikaze, garbage soda, hurricane, or atomic bomb )

You can order Spezi in the US from Amazon for a ridiculous price per ounce. Theoretically they sell it at World Market.

Not quite as black-market expensive as Amazon's prices for Post Blueberry Morning cereal which I've seen get into the 20$ per box range.

Leave a comment:

• Artificial Hipster
    replied
    Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post

Done, mate.
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Nocturnal Submission
    replied
    Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
    Dick James, who set up Northern songs with Brian Epstein to handle the Beatles song rights, and became massively wealthy as a result, sang the Robin Hood theme tune from the Richard Greene TV show, the "Robin Hood, Robin Hood riding through the glen" one.

Leave a comment:

• Nocturnal Submission
    replied
    Originally posted by Artificial Hipster View Post
    The significance of giving my mother's maiden name hadn't struck me at the time and so even tho I suspect the likelihood of any serious consequences following someone not only hacking the OTF database for poster's details then ploughing through every single thread on here for further clues to identities is vanishingly small, I've gone back and edited my post.

Nocturnal Submission would you be so good as to edit the one where you've quoted me please.

Done, mate.

Leave a comment:

• elguapo4
    replied
    Dick James, who set up Northern songs with Brian Epstein to handle the Beatles song rights, and became massively wealthy as a result, sang the Robin Hood theme tune from the Richard Greene TV show, the "Robin Hood, Robin Hood riding through the glen" one.

Leave a comment:

• elguapo4
    replied
    Originally posted by slackster View Post

Is there a gag here I’m not seeing, or a genuine enquiry?

(If the latter, my Roome is a GP who lived in the middle of a Wealden spa town with no far-reaching views).
    "A Roome with a view" I'm thinking.

Leave a comment:

• slackster
    replied
    Originally posted by hobbes View Post

Do they live on a hill overlooking the countryside?
    Is there a gag here I’m not seeing, or a genuine enquiry?

(If the latter, my Roome is a GP who lived in the middle of a Wealden spa town with no far-reaching views).

Leave a comment:

• Artificial Hipster
    replied
    The significance of giving my mother's maiden name hadn't struck me at the time and so even tho I suspect the likelihood of any serious consequences following someone not only hacking the OTF database for poster's details then ploughing through every single thread on here for further clues to identities is vanishingly small, I've gone back and edited my post.

Nocturnal Submission would you be so good as to edit the one where you've quoted me please.

Leave a comment:

• Hot Pepsi
    replied
    “The best recent estimates are that between 33,000 and 55,000 men from British North America (BNA) served in the Union army, and a few hundred in the Confederate army. Many of them already lived in the United States and were joined by volunteers signed up in Canada by Union recruiters.

Canada refused to return about 15,000 American deserters and draft dodgers.

Calixa Lavallée was a French-Canadian musician and Union officer during the American Civil War who later composed the music for "O Canada", which officially became the national anthem of Canada in 1980. In 1857, he moved to the United States and lived in Rhode Island where he enlisted in the 4th Rhode Island Volunteers of the Union army during the American Civil War, attaining the rank of lieutenant.

Canadian-born Edward P. Doherty was a Union Army officer who formed and led the detachment of Union soldiers that captured and killed John Wilkes Booth, the assassin of Lincoln, in a Virginia barn on April 26, 1865, 12 days after Lincoln was fatally shot.”

Leave a comment:

• 3 Colours Red
    replied
    Originally posted by WOM View Post

No, no. Of course. It’s just a bit of a cryptic read.
    I think the fact this thread isn't in Backstage leads to a reluctance in giving out even the most basic ID.

Leave a comment:

• Sporting
    replied
    There are no woodpeckers in Australia.

Leave a comment:

• Sporting
    replied
    I like the dreams threads.

Leave a comment:

• WOM
    replied
    Originally posted by Balderdasha View Post
    I could apologise for starting it, but I also don't want to suggest that anyone hands out the answers to security questions like "What's your mother's maiden name?"
    No, no. Of course. It’s just a bit of a cryptic read.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X