• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post

Heh!

Here you go: https://geamos.co.uk/

If you're a Beatles fan...
    A decent stagger to West Hampstead thameslink n tube stations! Handy for three of the four couples. I’ll keep this one up my sleeve for when we hit “G”. Greek is way too easy.

Comment

There’s also Little Georgia, a couple of locations, and they’re very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunderporinostesta View Post

A decent stagger to West Hampstead thameslink n tube stations! Handy for three of the four couples. I’ll keep this one up my sleeve for when we hit “G”. Greek is way too easy.

Good stuff.

If West Hampstead is a good location, one of my mates owns this place, which I'd strongly recommend when you get to I, though there are probably some nice Iranian and Iraqi eateries around (Irish, not so much) : https://colabalondon.com/
        Last edited by Nocturnal Submission; 28-12-2022, 19:46.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
          one of my mates owns this place, which I'd strongly recommend when you get to I, though there are probably some nice Iranian and Iraqi eateries around (Irish, not so much) : https://colabalondon.com/
          That looks well good.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post

That looks well good.

​​​The food is terrific and my mate and his brother lovely guys and conscientious proprietors.

Emma Thompson eats there. Recommendations don't come much higher than that, surely!
            Last edited by Nocturnal Submission; 28-12-2022, 21:38.

Comment

There was a world-class long jumper from Kerala called Anju Bobby George. Her career somehow passed me by. Probably denied greater success by the presence of drug cheats in her event (peak years 2002-05).

I think the surname comes from she and her husband being eastern Orthodox Christians (Syrian in her case). Wiki suggests that Indians of that ancestry change George to Varghese (or similar) to conform to local dialects.
              Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 29-12-2022, 19:14.

Comment

That Catalonia has its own indigenous rival to Wikipedia, that also has the ability to lead anyone familiar with Romance languages down rabbit holes.

Comment

ABBA gave the royalties for Chiquita to Unicef. It's raised a lot of money for the charity.

Comment

Chiquitita, though would be amazed if said title was entirely uninspired by bananas.

Comment

It's not 'chicken tikka', then?

Comment

https://twitter.com/AnnaSavory/status/1609284130352599044?t=EPHqUboQoclFZrp6VLHkHQ&s=19

Comment

I get the idea that this is better known by NY and LA types of my vintage.

Comment

Wow

Comment

I know a real life child called Max Factor. Or I did. I guess it was a few years ago. He's probably a young adult by now.

Comment

I also know a genuine living child called Aston Martin.

Comment

Yeah, but that's a pretty cool handle, tbh.

Comment

It never occurred to me that Max Factor wasn't someone's name.

Comment

Robert H Lawrence, the first African American selected for astronaut training, died in an air accident in the same month as soul singer Otis Redding (just two days apart).

Comment

The stylistic term "Raygun Gothic" was invented by William Gibson in a piece of fiction talking about a period of design history, that has since been adopted as the academic term for such.

Comment

The church organ-style intro to George Michael’s Faith (1988) plays the chorus from Wham!’s Freedom (1984). A little slower, admittedly:

Comment

A couple of days ago actually, and probably well-known to most, but I recently discovered that French novelist Pierre Boulle wrote the books on which two quite different films were based - The Bridge over the River Kwai and Planet of the Apes.

I await a series of responses pointing out common themes.

Comment

Thanks to Nocturnal Submission on the Kelly Monteith thread I’ve just learned that actress Gabrielle Drake (UFO, The Brothers, Crossroads and Monteith’s show) is the older sister of Nick Drake. Sorry to steal that NS.

Comment

The rapidity of events in the final Anglo-Saxon year:

https://twitter.com/Longshanks1307/status/1611308541918445574

Comment

Not looking good for Corbyn.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                                    I get the idea that this is better known by NY and LA types of my vintage.
                                                    It is all a bit Arm & Hammer.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X