An interesting thing I didn't know until today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hobbes View Post
    I learned today that you can spend every day for 20 years interacting with people on an online community, but if you disappear for 3 or 4 months no one will even fucking notice.
    It's a good thing I don't have a virtual cat.
    https://www.onetouchfootball.com/for...07#post2615707

Anyway, hope you are OK.

Comment

Ah, shit. Do I have to put my bottom lip away now?
      Yes, I'm fine thanks Capybara. I got the feeling I'd inadvertently started annoying people on here (not least myself) so I figured I'd give myself until the new season to reflect on how and why that was.

Comment

I learned today that you can spend every day for 20 years interacting with people on an online community, but if you disappear for 3 or 4 months no one will even fucking notice.
        It's a good thing I don't have a virtual cat.

Hey, I noticed and was a little concerned, because I thought you reported a health concern shortly before you went AWOL. But then I checked and saw that you were occasionally viewing the board, if not posting.

Welcome back.

Comment

I even went to your FB page, and since nobody was discussing your untimely demise, I just figured it was something Sony-related.

Comment

Mae West's risque number, "I Wonder Where My Easy Rider's Gone?" was written by an African-American, Shelton Brooks, so there was a black influence on her genre, making her even more subversive perhaps. She's in the Ma Rainey/Bessie Smith tradition to an extent.

Comment

Beck (Hansen) of Odelay and "Loser", and everything else... has a bit of a interesting family: (e.g.)
              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Hansen

Beck also apparently has disavowed being a Scientologist recently, which is good?
              Last edited by matt j; 02-08-2022, 19:59.

Comment

Yes, I'm fine thanks Capybara. I got the feeling I'd inadvertently started annoying people on here (not least myself) so I figured I'd give myself until the new season to reflect on how and why that was.
                Welcome back, old bean.

Comment

Genuinely wonderful to see hobbes again

Comment

Well isn't that a nice turn up for the books.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                      Genuinely wonderful to see hobbes again
                      Seconded

Comment

I appreciate it. And feel like a right arsehole, to boot.

Comment

I have no sense of time.

Comment

Walter Koenig is still alive.

Comment

Well, today, after many years using the platform I finally noticed that the Twitter home icon is a birdhouse.

Comment

Your absence had been noted, commented on, and worried about on at least one thread Hobbes, though I can't remember which one. Great to have you back

Comment

That there was a Quaker offshoot religion founded by arguably America's earliest non-binary individual.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post

Seconded
                                    Thirded

Comment

You've been annoying me for 20 years.

Comment

Not only do I find it hard to imagine you annoying me, I felt privileged that you paid a flying visit and just commented on my good news. I thought you were just taking a break from the board!

Comment

London:

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
                                            London:

Where?

Comment

Originally posted by Evariste Euler Gauss View Post

Where?

Ruislip (Lido Beach).

Comment

As a kid, I spent a lot of time at crap "beaches" on small lakes like that. That one is way too crowded.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post
                                                  As a kid, I spent a lot of time at crap "beaches" on small lakes like that. That one is way too crowded.
                                                  That is thoroughly under occupied compared to major European beaches in e.g. Spain, and also compared to major beaches in the south of England in a heatwave (particularly last year when people were limited in being able to travel abroad).

Comment

The beaches of OBX are incredibly spacious and spartan, but we drive right by Virginia Beach on the way home...and people are sitting on each other's shoulders. Those Jersey Shore pictures give me hives.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X