Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I presume that you picked up a copy of Third Home Life in Napa

Comment

The reality might be even worse than that.

Comment

*shudders*

Comment

<Let him say custom luxury build prepper bunker>
          Last edited by caja-dglh; 26-07-2022, 16:43.

Comment

$5 on 'shipping container conversion in Taos'.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
              Nor have I, but we favour heathen climes
              I have a few. I never gave it any thought. They were cheapo doors acquired at Home Depot or somesuch.

Comment

My interior doors are all a bit too short, having been cut high to accommodate shag carpeting in the '70s. After pricing a half dozen new ones with handles and hinges and such, i realized that the short ones don't really bother me all that much.

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post
                  My interior doors are all a bit too short, having been cut high to accommodate shag carpeting in the '70s. After pricing a half dozen new ones with handles and hinges and such, i realized that the short ones don't really bother me all that much.
                  You could easily glue a strip of felt or something on the bottom if you wanted to.

Comment

I tried to hang a door once. It seems to simple. And yet somehow the dimensions were off by my or the angles just slightly awry and the door never properly fitted in the frame. One of many jobs better left to people who know what they’re doing and get paid for it.

Comment

WOM?

Comment

Hell no. Hanging doors is absolutely maddening.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post

You could easily glue a strip of felt or something on the bottom if you wanted to.
                          Yeah, I've thought about adding a little something to the bottom of them, but a soft material hadn't occurred to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                            Jimi Hendrix suffered from sleep apnoea, which may have contributed to his death.
                            How so?

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                              How so?
                              Fell asleep at the wheel and drove off Pike's Peak while driving a bus full of school children. It was hushed up.

Comment

Originally posted by caja-dglh View Post
                                I am betting that San B is the second wave of six panel doors. Standard Fare Bernardhinault.
                                Now I can see that the top two panels are smaller, I can at least see what they mean about the cross.

All of the varieties on that page are weird.

Comment

I have six-panel doors in my house (rented, so I never chose them) and I'd never considered SB's theory. Now I can't unsee it.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post

How so?
                                    Apnoea stops your breathing; you're supposed to wake up but Hendrix, being stoned, did not wake up. His regular sleeping partner would have watched out for his apnoea but his partner on the night he died did not know he had the condition.

The theory was put forward by his long-term girlfriend Lithofayne Pridgon:

Hendrix, she said, suffered from a sleep apnea. “I used to have to wake him up, and make him turn over on his side in his sleep, because he was choking.” This was something, she noted, that German figure skater Monika Dannemann, with whom Hendrix spent his fateful night, was likely unaware. [LA Times, 20.7.21]
                                    Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 27-07-2022, 00:20.

Comment

More a 'thing I learned today that I'm having trouble processing'

Justin Bieber covered the song Wheat Kings by The Tragically Hip.

Comment

I mean, he is a Canuck. He probably got them paid in the top 10 of any of their songs for it, too. Which could be a very nice gesture (I don't really think he is as awful as he is made out to be)

Comment

Originally posted by caja-dglh View Post
                                          (I don't really think he is as awful as he is made out to be)
                                          Apparently he is. Or was, according to someone who knew him growing up.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                            More a 'thing I learned today that I'm having trouble processing'

Justin Bieber covered the song Wheat Kings by The Tragically Hip.
                                            How bad is it?

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post

How bad is it?
                                              I haven't listened to it yet. I'll report back.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon G View Post
                                                I have six-panel doors in my house (rented, so I never chose them) and I'd never considered SB's theory. Now I can't unsee it.
                                                I've got them too, and had never heard that theory.
                                                I'd like to think that Ozzy Osborne will have his hung upside down.

Comment

I learned today that you can spend every day for 20 years interacting with people on an online community, but if you disappear for 3 or 4 months no one will even fucking notice.
                                                  It's a good thing I don't have a virtual cat.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post
                                                    I learned today that you can spend every day for 20 years interacting with people on an online community, but if you disappear for 3 or 4 months no one will even fucking notice.
                                                    It's a good thing I don't have a virtual cat.
                                                    I thought you were here last week.

The Internet has no time.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X