X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOM
    started a topic Mundane Thread II

Mundane Thread II

So, got new rear shocks for the car on Saturday.

This Saturday I'm having the rustproofing done.

Had the furnace repaired, too.

Anyone get new shoelaces?

• MsD
    replied
    Should've gone to etc.

I get mine by post from VisionDirect. I bet Chuka is sorry that name is taken.

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    I ordered new contact lenses on Tuesday. They said 2 weeks but then texted me yesterday to say they were in and ready for collection. I think they may have made a mistake.

Leave a comment:

• Sits
    replied
    Good mundane combo of purchases this morning:

Tinned sardines (dog's breakfasts)
    "Chunkers" (dog's dinners)
    Refried beans
    Rice crackers
    Basmati rice
    Washing powder
    Dartboard

Leave a comment:

• Femme Folle
    replied
    I love her.

Leave a comment:

• Gerontophile
    replied
    Watching "Mom" at the moment, and there was just a brief scene where Alison Janney showed why she is such a brilliant actor. (She found out that her foster sister's dad killed her mom... and just the eyes did all the work. Truly amazing.)

Leave a comment:

• Femme Folle
    replied
    I wish I had a job where I could while away my day on OTF and get paid while doing it.

Leave a comment:

• Snake Plissken
    replied
    Damn. Forgot that was on. Bloody time zones.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    That's a weird way to talk about Charlie Coyle

Leave a comment:

• Snake Plissken
    replied
    I wanted to write “”launched”” rather than “released” but that would have been followed by phrases such as “rockets strapped to the shell” and “ascribed an arc through the air” and I would have collapsed in a fit of giggles.
    Last edited by Snake Plissken; Today, 02:02.

Leave a comment:

• Snake Plissken
    replied
    Currently stood on a beach having just watched a (previously injured) turtle be released back into the sea after six months rehab.

It was unexpectedly emotional.

Leave a comment:

• WOM
    replied
    Hugh gave me my first job out of university in 1989 and we became fast friends. Went to each other's weddings and all that. Just talked to him yesterday. He's doing very well. Not a desk jockey any more, so he doesn't while away his days on here

Leave a comment:

• Amor de Cosmos
    replied
    I'm enjoying a glass of Hermannator Ice Bock from Vancouver Island Brewing Company. It's 9.5% a/v, which is fairly strong even by local standards. I don't think I'll be having another if I intend to finish preparing dinner.

Leave a comment:

• Nocturnal Submission
    replied
    Is Hugh an old friend or ex-work colleague?

Is he keeping well? Don't often see him around these parts anymore.

Leave a comment:

• WOM
    replied
    Mr Hugh Fatbastard and I got really really really really really drunk and sick on that shit in New Orleans once. Never been able to touch it since.

Leave a comment:

• Toby Gymshorts
    replied
    Originally posted by treibeis View Post
    It's called Jägermeister, not Jäger. And the best way to drink it is to say to the person sitting next to you, "Do you want mine?"
    I prefer the approach of "can I have yours?".

I really, really love Jäger(meister).

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    Originally posted by Benjm View Post

Can your mum be trusted to have done the material justice?

Hope that's your last funeral for the foreseeable, BTW.
    She's a joke stealer so probably not.

Actually my Uncle is in and out of hospital at the moment and has been diagnosed with COPD so we are bracing ourselves.

My Great Auntie was 94 when she died and we had already lost her to Alzheimers so it was that peculiar sad relief in this case.

Leave a comment:

• Benjm
    replied
    Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
    I told my Mum it was probably Thor coming for one of his own. She thought that was hilarious and told all the Scandinavians. None of them laughed. Scandinavians don't laugh, do they?
    Can your mum be trusted to have done the material justice?

Hope that's your last funeral for the foreseeable, BTW.

Leave a comment:

• Benjm
    replied
    Originally posted by MsD View Post
    Whatever you do, don't hang from a rope by your teeth just to show off.
    God, this weekend is going to be soooo boring.

The follow-up visit isn't until the 7th so I'm slightly concerned about it flying out due to over enthusiastic Hey!-ing at Giuda next week.

Leave a comment:

• MsD
    replied
    Originally posted by Benjm View Post

In other dental news, I've got a temporary cap on one tooth while a porcelain crown is being made up. Concern about the temporary thing falling off in the meantime is proving to be a powerful aid to dieting.
    Whatever you do, don't hang from a rope by your teeth just to show off.

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    I went to my great Aunt's funeral today. She was from the Faroes so various Scandinavian relatives had come over for it. Afterwards as we left the crematorium, we had a powerful hailstorm with massive ice pellets and a lightning bolt hit the ground nearby in a frighteningly close near miss.

I told my Mum it was probably Thor coming for one of his own. She thought that was hilarious and told all the Scandinavians. None of them laughed. Scandinavians don't laugh, do they?

Leave a comment:

• treibeis
    replied
    Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
    Fingers crossed! I've always wanted to visit Norway.

I don't approve of Jägerbombs, BTW, as I don't have caffeine any more. I have my Jäger neat, the way it should be done.
    It's called Jägermeister, not Jäger. And the best way to drink it is to say to the person sitting next to you, "Do you want mine?"

Leave a comment:

• Benjm
    replied
    Originally posted by MsD View Post
    Today I went to the dentist for a check-up, clean and polish,
    In other dental news, I've got a temporary cap on one tooth while a porcelain crown is being made up. Concern about the temporary thing falling off in the meantime is proving to be a powerful aid to dieting.

Leave a comment:

• Toby Gymshorts
    replied
    Na zdraví!

Leave a comment:

• Benjm
    replied
    Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
    Anyway, as I'm no longer a Lloyd's broker, and am back in the world of retail broking working for a private company, me and my colleagues can be as sociable as we like. Rude not to, really.
    Sounds like we should be toasting your lucky escape for a while longer at least. Prosit!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X