Mundane Thread II

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Femme Folle View Post

Shows how long it has been since I shopped in person for ice cream.
    Do you send your servants out normally (big LOL here)?

Comment

She always has a fleet of retainers available

https://twitter.com/ursus_arctos59/status/1150393815305457664

Comment

Originally posted by Benjm View Post
        I can't believe that the author of the Moonraker script got his name on the poster rather than a custodial sentence for crimes against cinema.
        As long as Die Another Day has not been expunged from existence, Moonraker is not the worst Bond film by a long chalk.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post

Do you send your servants out normally (big LOL here)?
          Haha--almost. I use a delivery service. Order online. Never have to step foot inside a supermarket.

Comment

Nice of sport to stage two all time classics for my birthday. Mrs P took me to my favourite Mancunian eatery - Viet Shack. Also, having failed to secure tickets for a tour of Concorde at the airport, she's promised to get me tickets for the Sea and Air Museum in NY, which also has a Blackbird and a mockup of the Shuttle.

We're now eating ice creams and planning the rest of the NY trip.

Comment

Happy birthday, old chap.

Comment

Happy birthday, Ken.

It is also TLMG's birthday today. One which has been marked by us watching one of the all-time-great Wimbledon finals, learning her mum is being sent for some worrying health tests, and learning that my mum has had a nasty fall, leading to a cut nose, two black eyes and a fat lip. Plus other things she's probably not telling anyone.

I know drink is never the answer, but we're having a drink this evening.

Did I mention I have a week off to complete my latest professional qualification coursework? Because that.

Comment

Happy Birthday all, that's a whole load of bad news TG.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                    Nice of sport to stage two all time classics for my birthday. Mrs P took me to my favourite Mancunian eatery - Viet Shack. Also, having failed to secure tickets for a tour of Concorde at the airport, she's promised to get me tickets for the Sea and Air Museum in NY, which also has a Blackbird and a mockup of the Shuttle.

We're now eating ice creams and planning the rest of the NY trip.
                    I feel like calling Enterprise a mock-up of a Shuttle sells it a bit short. It should be enjoyable. UA can talk trash about Concorde to make you feel better.

Comment

Not to mention that the museum is housed on a friggin aircraft carrier.

Comment

Aircraft carriers are great. But now I feel shortchanged that ours doesn't have a Concorde, an SR-71 or a Shuttle.

Comment

Enterprise didn't go into space - it's a pretender.

Ta all. And hope things turn out well for TLMG.

Comment

Happy Birthday!

Comment

Cheers Snake and Elg. We've decided to go out for Mexican food and Long Island Iced Tea.

I guess the study can wait until Tuesday...

Comment

Mmmm Chimichanga.....

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post

...and learning that my mum has had a nasty fall, leading to a cut nose, two black eyes and a fat lip. Plus other things she's probably not telling anyone.
                                  Mine fell on her face two weeks ago, before leaving Nashville to come here for a visit. Jammed one of her front teeth in, busted her lip and scraped up her forearms and both knees. She was also complaining about sore ribs the whole time she was here. But she said, "they can't do anything for ribs anyway" and she just kept taking acetaminophen and going about her business. She's a lot stronger than I am.

I hope your mum is on the mend and also sending warm thoughts and well wishes for TLMG's mum too.

Last edited by Femme Folle; 14-07-2019, 23:55.

Comment

Gosh, yes, hope they're OK.

I've got my hip appointment in the morning, not an appointment to do something fashionable, it's at the hospital. My hip was kiliing me three months ago, now it's fine. I think it was yoga-strain. But best go check it.

I'm thinking of cycling there.

Comment

I always felt guilty if I cycled (or even walked) to physio sessions. Even though it was obviously what I should have been doing. Seeing other people limping in, practically unable to walk made me feel like I was being a horrible show-off.

Comment

Happy birthday Toby, and best wishes to assorted Mums in the Wars.

Comment

Had my eye test on Friday. All's well, except to note that I have what is the first signs of a likely eventual cataract in my right eye. "years away", she says. But there you go.

Comment

We are disposing of our big brown sofa today. It has broken under years of wear although there's part of me that's sad to see it go. Lots of fine naps on it over the years. I'm feeling weird about all the changes in the house at the moment - new bed, other furniture. Life feels like a struggle and this is adding to it.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                                              Had my eye test on Friday. All's well, except to note that I have what is the first signs of a likely eventual cataract in my right eye. "years away", she says. But there you go.
                                              Oh, and a reminder that I've done jack about managing my blepharitis.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post

Oh, and a reminder that I've done jack about managing my blepharitis.

Whilst I'm still absolutely furious with you for not using the health thread which I created specifically for such purposes, I'm grudgingly prepared to let you know that your local optician will almost certainly stock eyelid wipes designed to combat said affliction.

Comment

For the sixth time in about the last three months, I'm waiting for the washing machine repair chaps to rock up.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post

Whilst I'm still absolutely furious with you for not using the health thread which I created specifically for such purposes, I'm grudgingly prepared to let you know that your local optician will almost certainly stock eyelid wipes designed to combat said affliction.
                                                    I can only apologise.

The wipes will help, thank you. I shall look them out. I also have a mask, which goes in the microwave, and some drops

Comment

Working...
                                                    X