Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is one unable to get pickled food in jars in the Stadtpark? Surely your golf hut could make a fortune selling that stuff to Hamburgers.

Comment

I don't know how much my sartorial sensibilities have been subconsciously affected by becoming an OTFer but I seriously doubt that I would have bought a pair of burgundy and navy marl trainers before January 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
        Amor, I would be very surprised if the bank wasn't making money on the exchange rate they were using for that kind of transaction.
        Oh I know they were. It's the fact they'd accept a personal cheque on a foreign bank that my Dad wouldn't believe.

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
          Is one unable to get pickled food in jars in the Stadtpark? Surely your golf hut could make a fortune selling that stuff to Hamburgers.
          Nope. They make it better themselves. Fucking awful as well, it is.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
            Amor, I would be very surprised if the bank wasn't making money on the exchange rate they were using for that kind of transaction.
            This is why transferwise is amazing.

Comment

Oh, our bank(s) will do that too, though I'm not sure they would for a new customer.

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post
                I don't know how much my sartorial sensibilities have been subconsciously affected by becoming an OTFer but I seriously doubt that I would have bought a pair of burgundy and navy marl trainers before January 2015.
                Why January 2015? Did you have an accident that month?

Comment

Damn it, triebeis.

I didn't even have a chance to tell Rogin that a condition of your new lease was appearing in the opening shots of their promotional video.

Comment

Cheesy as that is, it just reinforces my view that I should be living in Germany.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
                      Cheesy as that is, it just reinforces my view that I should be living in Germany.
                      Maybe there's be an opening for you. The decisive factor is: Can you stand up at work?

If not, then you're fucked. In my 30 years here, I've spent a bucketload of time at insurance companies and I've never, not once, seen any bastard stand up. They'll give it "Ooh, der Herr's a smoker, that's 200 a month more. Ooh, der Herr's a functioning alcoholic, that's another 300 a month", but they themselves never, ever, leave their chair.

I wouldn't mind, but I only go there for a dump, as the khazis are free.
                      Last edited by treibeis; 10-07-2019, 21:31.

Comment

I'm not involved in life insurance. Those guys are sharks.

Comment

I was on about health insurance. Those guys aren't sharks, not here. They're not-standing-up lazy fuckers.

Comment

I do commercial insurance. As in, I come out to the Stadtpark, and tell you about the risks your business faces.

You tell me that the Council covers most of it, and the rest you don't care about, then you tell me to fuck off.

Straightforward.

Comment

I do commercial insurance. As in, I come out to the Stadtpark, and tell you about the risks your business faces.

You tell me that the Council covers most of it, and the rest you don't care about, then you tell me to fuck off.

Straightforward.
                              No, over here, it's: You come to the Stadtpark and tell me I'm under-insured, even though you don''t know how much I'm insured for. Then I tell you how much I'm insured for. Then you tell me something about trees blowing down, and children and OAPs. THEN I tell you to fuck off.

Comment

Originally posted by treibeis View Post
                                After I'd told the story about somebody wrecking my lavatories with a shit that must have been delivered by a confetti cannon, you wrote, immediately, "I feel really bad about it now. "
                                It's a fair cop guv.

Comment

No, over here, it's: You come to the Stadtpark and tell me I'm under-insured, even though you don''t know how much I'm insured for. Then I tell you how much I'm insured for. Then you tell me something about trees blowing down, and children and OAPs. THEN I tell you to fuck off.
                                  In that case my German life dream is finished,

I'll stay here and give people sound advice instead.

Comment

It should be called death insurance.

Comment

I went to a pub quiz tonight. 41/52 which is ok for a team of just 2. Some suspiciously high scoring bastards won it.

Comment

Or, more correctly, we'll think about whether you're covered once you've shuffled off insurance.

Comment

With my mom here this week, I'm not watching my usual four hours a day's worth of my msnbc shows. I think it might actually be a good thing to take a break from hearing about all of the ways trump is fucking up the world. We had plans to go out on the North River Lobster Co. boat tomorrow, but there's a chance it might rain and work is turning out to be a bitch this week, so we're going on Saturday.

Comment

Why January 2015? Did you have an accident that month?
                                            If you call registering here an accident. Depends on your point of view, I suppose.

Comment

When are blackberries supposed to ripen in the UK? I remember blackberry picking being a September activity when I was a teenager. My daughter spotted the first ripe blackberries of the season yesterday, 10th July, and we picked about a dozen. They were quite sour but definitely ripe enough to eat. Is there some sort of 'signs of climate change / end of days' thread I can put this question on?

Comment

Originally posted by Balderdasha View Post
                                                When are blackberries supposed to ripen in the UK? I remember blackberry picking being a September activity when I was a teenager. My daughter spotted the first ripe blackberries of the season yesterday, 10th July, and we picked about a dozen. They were quite sour but definitely ripe enough to eat. Is there some sort of 'signs of climate change / end of days' thread I can put this question on?
                                                You've had a particularly hot Summer, which has probably accelerated things a bit. We're on a Channel Islands latitude and blackberries are generally in full fruit by late July, which looks about right for this year.
                                                Last edited by Amor de Cosmos; 11-07-2019, 16:59.

Comment

Kitchen fix it guy has been to fix the kitchen cupboard that Mrs Thistle broke last week.

Comment

Someone got on the bus with a "Keep Calm and take the UK out of the EU" tee shirt.

Is this, as it is demonstrably apparent on face value, completely acceptable

Or has my be a git and suspect everybody gene kicked in, and has it been produced by the LeaveDotEU/ Brexit Party / UKIP scum and others of their ilk?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X